Cool License Plates?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

LARUEJAKE

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by LARUEJAKE »

WE HAVE 7 PLACE IN OKLAHOMA, THIS WAS MY 3RD CHOICE BUT I GET A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT IT.

JACK IN TULSA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
68datroad

Post by 68datroad »

Tried to get 68Rdstr but figure a Vette owner had it.Got 2nd choice instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sleepyzzz
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by sleepyzzz »

the mailman delivered this today and i didn't waste any time changing it out.
also, a pic of the black CA plate that came with the car

1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/sleepyzzz56/roadster/IMG_0252-1-1.jpg
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

The plates are great!
I like "The Natural State", perfect for a restored car!

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz »

thanks again Dave. Arkansas does have an antique plate that you can purchase for just $7 and never have to renew. but they won't allow you to personalize it which i wanted to do.

not much imagination on my part, but i still couldn't believe the DATSUN plate was available. i debated on ROADSTA also. that was a cool plate.

my other car that i have is a '74 260 2+2 and it has 260Z74 for a personal plate. see, i told you i didn't have too much imagination. but it gets the point across when they come up asking what it is.
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Post by FairladySPL »

Maybe you've got the ONLY Datsun worthy of the tag in Arkansas.

I found two of them near El Dorado, Arkansas a few years ago near the Louisiana line, south of Little Rock.

Both were 1600s, one had it's engine out and sitting in a metal barn turned repair shop. The other one was laid up out back and I wasn't allowed to see it.

A rather hulking, bearded fellow in overalls came out and eye'd me very suspiciously when I stopped, got out, and walked toward the one in his yard.

But eventually he eased up and told me about the cars after I made it clear I wasn't trying to slicker him out of either one of them.

Whew. p r o t e c t i ve
--Paul / Annapolis
FoxyRoadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by FoxyRoadster »

FairladySPL wrote:Maybe you've got the ONLY Datsun worthy of the tag in Arkansas.

I found two of them near El Dorado, Arkansas a few years ago near the Louisiana line, south of Little Rock.

Both were 1600s, one had it's engine out and sitting in a metal barn turned repair shop. The other one was laid up out back and I wasn't allowed to see it.

A rather hulking, bearded fellow in overalls came out and eye'd me very suspiciously when I stopped, got out, and walked toward the one in his yard.

But eventually he eased up and told me about the cars after I made it clear I wasn't trying to slicker him out of either one of them.

Whew. p r o t e c t i ve

he must love his datsuns :lol:

I need to take and see whats available in OK on the plates, I probably have a snowballs chance to get Datsun.. Maybe I should go for D4tsun or something.
sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz »

FairladySPL wrote:Maybe you've got the ONLY Datsun worthy of the tag in Arkansas.

Whew. p r o t e c t i ve

you didn't hear any banjoes in the background did you???????????
welcome to Arkansas :D
we are not all that bad though
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Post by FairladySPL »

FoxyRoadster wrote: he must love his datsuns :lol:
I need to take and see whats available in OK on the plates, I probably have a snowballs chance to get Datsun.. Maybe I should go for D4tsun or something.
Jack/laruejake, who posted his Oklahoma tag above, said it was his third choice.
Y'all ought to brainstorm.

Your avatar looks a LOT like the one I saw as I was driving by that barn in Arkansas. The color is right, I think Datsun officially called the paint code Campbell's Tomato Soup. But to be a full match, yank the hood entirely off, put a tree in the trunk, and let's see the springs on the seats with all the vinyl gone.

For sleepyzzz --
I'll dig up the snapshots I took and post them. Maybe if you smile real pretty you could procure yourself a matched set of project cars ....
--Paul / Annapolis
truedog
Roadster Fanatic

Post by truedog »

sleepyzzz wrote:thanks again Dave. Arkansas does have an antique plate that you can purchase for just $7 and never have to renew. but they won't allow you to personalize it which i wanted to do.
Wyoming also has what it calls "pioneer plates", which are one time purchase also, but again no personalization AND they say you can only drive the car at "organized special events" like parades and car shows. You can't just take it out for a drive when you feel like it. So I won't go for that option. The format here is a one or two digit county code (2 here in Cheyenne for Laramie county), followed by a bucking horse and rider sillouette, then (new for 2009) 5 digits for regular plates, or 4 characters for personalized tags. I am going to try to get standard plates with 2-19675, then paint a little dot on each plate so it reads 1967.5. If I can't get that I will probably get personalized tags reading 2-ITSA or 2-B4Z.
Dennis Louthan
Roadster Nut

Post by Dennis Louthan »

My current plate is 68rdstr.....people will still ask what year it is.
Had a Calif plate on my 81 datsun truck....
TXD2DTH.....(Taxed to Death).
68 1600/ Stroker
72 240z Stock
77 Toyota Pickup (2l auto...rare)
2001 Harley FLHTCI
68roadster@charter.net
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

truedog wrote: I am going to try to get standard plates with 2-19675, then paint a little dot on each plate so it reads 1967.5. If I can't get that I will probably get personalized tags reading 2-ITSA or 2-B4Z.
any way you can "use" the 2? 2-LOW(if it is lowered) 2ETC or the obvious...2-LTR Too bad, 5 digits would be perfect, 2-LITER

Dave Brisco

66 2000 The Bobster
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
truedog
Roadster Fanatic

Post by truedog »

dbrick wrote:
truedog wrote: I am going to try to get standard plates with 2-19675, then paint a little dot on each plate so it reads 1967.5. If I can't get that I will probably get personalized tags reading 2-ITSA or 2-B4Z.
any way you can "use" the 2? 2-LOW(if it is lowered) 2ETC or the obvious...2-LTR Too bad, 5 digits would be perfect, 2-LITER

Those are all good suggestions. I'll keep them in mind. 2-LOW is probably taken for a 62 BelAir low rider. :shock:
truedog
Roadster Fanatic

Post by truedog »

truedog wrote:
dbrick wrote:

Those are all good suggestions. I'll keep them in mind. 2-LOW is probably taken for a 62 BelAir low rider. :shock:
A lot of the good "2" tags are taken already.... 2-FAST, 2-SLOW, 2-BAD, 2-HOT, etc. My motorcycle has 2-TRUE (my last name). If available, I could get that same tag for the roadster, but I do like your suggestions of 2-LTR or maybe 2-LITR.
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

How about

2-XLR8

Dave Brisco

66 2000 The Bobster
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70