S U Carburetor Rebuild Kits ?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Illinois Roadster Owner

S U Carburetor Rebuild Kits ?

Post by Illinois Roadster Owner »

Mery Christmas to all and have a safe and prosperous new year !!! I needing some assistance in determining who has available at the best price S U Hitachi carburetor rebuilding kits ? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED !! Also who rebuids these carbs at the best price (quality as a priority) Haven't decided which way to go as of yet !! THANKS !!! DON !!!
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Rebuilding.... That is a nebulous term that means something different to everyone. If you are looking for like new refurbishing, check with Keith Williams in Las Vegas. He does FANTASTIC looking rebuilds. If you need quicker service, try Z Therapy. Both are known for their good work. Keith does some custom jetting if I recall correctly.

If you just want someone to regasket them and reset the float levels, you should be able to handle that. It is not that difficult (as long as you don't mix parts or remove the choke nozzle mounting in the carb base.)

On the rebuild kits, they show up on Ebay from time to time. Some parts stores can get them (be prepared for some 510 stuff to come in as there are a lot of errors in parts books on this) and of course the Vendors can set you up with the correct stuff the first time.
Best of luck!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...

Post by Guest »

Don:

I got mine from Rallye Ent. Theuy have the rebuilt kits, and all the replacement parts that you might need for carbs. The website is www.datsunroadster.com They have practically every part you can imagine. Not the cheapest, but very well supplied and knowledgeable.

Jorge