Have you ever seen this before

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Angermgt101

Have you ever seen this before

Post by Angermgt101 »

Ok i just got my roadster home and start working on it finding out the wireharness from the fire wall to to the hradlight caught fire ALL IS lost. I am very good at wireing and reading a wireing diagram but have a couple of issues..

The 3 relays on the fender across from the cards are ROASTED their is a headlight one and not sure yet what the other 2 are yet. Seems like those wires running down the fender are all for the front lights and 2 are for the alternator.

another problem when the key is in the off position and I connect the Pos of the Battery the enguine starts to crank. I am thinking 2 wires melted together and shorted??

How much are these to replace VS doing it my self? I did buy this car for a project. any pro and cons on what I should do. Or where i can get a CHEEP harness?

What gage wire should I use was Thinking or 18 gage for all the light stuff.

Will have a web site for the pics soon. thanks for your help. and any sujestion is welcome[/img]
Angermgt101

Also

Post by Angermgt101 »

I figured i could get a better fuse Box and fuse everything due to some of the things i am reading. Wireing is not that big of a deal for me.
Angermgt101

WOOPS

Post by Angermgt101 »

ok ok the book said the neg is the ground But I keep reading a 1967 1600 is a pos ground ?? can some one help me out plea

Maby that is why when i hook up the neg to ground and the pos the enguine granks with no ignition turned onn?? but i am getting spark no prob.
dan zubkoff

Post by dan zubkoff »

1967 is a negative ground car. Only the 1962-65 SPL310 1500's were positive ground.

Dan
Sloloco

Post by Sloloco »

I have a wiring harness I can sell you. It's out of my 1967 1600 and I only removed it because I'm using a fuse block with built-in relays for blinkers, lights and the rest. Let me know if you are interested. I think a friend on here said used harness go for around $100. I will include the harness for under the dash as well.