Run around the Lake Information

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsa 66

Run around the Lake Information

Post by Datsa 66 »

Hey All,

On the Morning of October 16th, I will be starting my journey South from Canada in my newly restored 1967.5 2000. After a night stop in Grants Pass, Oregon I will be visiting my mother in Lucerne, Ca. Lucerne is a small town on the Northern shore of Clearlake which is located just North of the Napa valley in the Wine Country of California.

After speaking with my mom about it, I figure that Lucerne is an ideal place to meet for the Run around the Lake for those who wish to come out and have a nice roadster day. There is a large park in Lucerne with plenty of parking and picnic tables where we can do a meet and greet, ogle the cars for a while and then do the run around the lake. Upon return to the park, we can have a picnic and of course look at the cars some more.

There is a Fosters Freeze and a pizza place right across the street from the park, so if you are not in a picnic mood you will have some food options. So here is the run information as far as getting to the meeting site.

If you are coming up the 101, you have the option of driving all the way up to Ukiah and then catching hiway 20. You then take hiway 20 East to Lucerne. Between 8th and 9th street is th park and it will be on your right. I will be there looking for roadsters. If you want to, you can take hiway 175 over the mountains to Lakeport and shave a lot of time. However, if you do this you will hit switchback roads at the top of the mountains. Don't cut the corners! CHP keeps planes up there to catch people doing it and when you get to the bottom of the hill there will be a CHP unit to wave you over to give you a ticket. Ask me how I know...

If you are coming up from Santa Rosa, Napa, or someplace in the Napa Valley, just take hiway 29 North until it turns into hiway 53. Continue North until you get to hiway 20 and turn left. Enter Lucerne and the park will be on your left between 8th and 9th street.

If you are coming up from Sacramento or Modesto, take I-5 to hiway 20 (in williams) and turn left and head towards the coast. When you get to Lucerne, the park will be on your left between 8th and 9th street.

The run is set for Saturday, October 18th. It's 2 hours from Sacramento and about 70-75 minutes from Rohnert Park. Napa peeps shouls make in an hour or so. I hope to see everyone there! I figure the meet and greet will start at noon and we shall go on the run around 1 PM.

If no one decides to come, I shall enjoy the run myself and then go have some pizza.

See you there!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Run Around the Lake

Post by S Allen »

A few of us diehard Skids will be making the run with you. You will not be alone!! :?
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth