Racing at fontana

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Racing at fontana

Post by RC240z »

Guys I will be out with Faithful number 33 at Fontana (AKA California Speedway) the weekend of June 23rd, 24th and 25th. Come out and watch the Datsuns Dominate!

There will be a good group of Vintage Datsuns at one of the better and more accessable tracks in Southern California.

Hope a few of you come by and say hi! we will have a Garage Space preping and running SRL #305 as fast as she will go.

Other Datsuns of note will be several 510's, at least 1 1200 and many Z's.

Hope to see you out there to support our Marque!

For more details see http://www.hsr-westracing.com
67.5 2000, SRL 311 000305 Solex
A race car since new!
Instagram #RC240Z #geoskyalert

check out my blog at www.rcnetworksracing.com
RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

Update on California Speedway this weekend.

We will be running in Group 6, Med Bore Production.

Saturday, if the schedule is accurate we will be on the track at 10:35 AM and 3:50 PM

Sunday 9:15 AM warmup and 2:00PM RACE!

Should be a good turnout for this event. It will cost a few bucks to get in but should be a great event. Hope you make it out to watch us run!!

Ron
A race car since new!

RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

:oops: Update on my update....

They put me in the wrong run group, and that was corrected this morning....

We will be running Saturday at 8:30AM and 1:20PM and Sunday at 8:30AM warmup and 10:00AM trophy race. :shock: :shock:

As for photos...Well we now have a roll bar video camera mount! and will be filming on track footage :lol: So perhaps we can put together a little video.
A race car since new!

RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Fontana follow up

Post by RC240z »

You guys missed a epic battle!

After struggling with tuning issues and timing issues we managed to lay down some good times at Fontana Sunday Morning. Sadly we did not qualify well on Saturday and were back in the pack at the start.

Upon the start of the race I was stuck behind a late 50's Vette that HIT the BRAKES on the main straightaway! Forcing me to do the same and thus loosing all my momentum at the start. We gathered up, passed the Vette and proceeded to catch a V8 powered Devon, 510 and 240Z down into the first turn. We ran well trough the twisties and back up onto the banking we went, catching the 240Z (driven by my friend Hector Cartemartori). I outbraked the Z and the 510 into turn two, only to be repassed by the 510 exiting 3. The battle was on, Hector in his Z and i traded positions back and forth several times durring our race. On the last lap I missed the apex of the turn prior to the hairpin turn and dropped two wheels in the dirt under braking, after almost spinning the car I gathered it back up, but this was enough for Hector to get a run on me and with less than a mile to go I was right on his rear bumper as we headed for the start finish.

It was a photo finish as the mighty 67.5 Roadster caught and passed Hector's Z at the line. Difference of margin 2 one hundredths of a second or about 3ft.

Started in 11th and finished in 5th. Our best run to date...We will be back at Fontana in a couple of months I will let you know when we will be back out there.
A race car since new!

RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

A recap of racing at fontana

http://datsunracing.us/RC-World/FontanaRecap.html

Special thanks to Dennis Currington!!
A race car since new!