Aluminunm radiator?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

bespa

Aluminunm radiator?

Post by bespa »

I saw in Classified Alan Duquette's car, was that an aluminum
radiator?

And he also took off the antenna. Will he still get good reception?
Has anyone else done that. The car really looks aesthetically upgraded. Impressed.
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Aluminum Radiator

Post by S Allen »

No that is not aluminum, it is silver paint. No antenna-no reception.
Alan does not have a working radio in the car. Sure glad he decided not to sell.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

If you ae looking to get reception and not have antenae, then you will have to get ans install an after market antenae. There are invisible antenae out there you can buy that are not expensive and ont hard to install. I just know any of the top of my head.

The only thing you wil need is to cover up the whole ou have in the fender with something else. You could fill it in but that would require a paint job for it took like it never existed.

Going without it does in a way make the car look sleak. It is actually a matter of personal opinion

If you are going to paint don't just use any paint. It best to one that will not ad any insulation to the radiator. You want to maintain optimal cooling.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
TR

Post by TR »

A miata radiator fits with some mounting mods, there are aluminum ones available for a decent price...TR
oilleak

No Antenna

Post by oilleak »

And if you want to get rid of the antenna cause it doesn't work anyway, a rubber floor drain plug from a TR6 fits into that hole in the fender like it was made for it.
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

TR wrote:A miata radiator fits with some mounting mods, there are aluminum ones available for a decent price...TR
To add on to Tavis comments, in one KA24 mod the Honda Del Sol radiator was used.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
TR

Post by TR »

When I saw Minh's post, it hit me - I think my brain jumped gears - The Del Sol radiator is the one that is compatible, I do not know if a Miata fits or not...TR