Shasta 2007

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Shasta 2007, Roadsters only or all Datsun group

Roadsters only
No votes
Together with 510 group
100%

Total votes: 20

gmagana

Shasta 2007

Post by gmagana »

Hello everyone, I want to poll all of you and get your thoughts for the 2007 event. How many of you would like for us to rejoin the 510's on their weekend?? Just would like to get a headcount so I can submit it to the group up here in Modesto. I for one woul like to see the events back together.
Gerardo
keith0alan
Roadsteraholic

Post by keith0alan »

That's a tough one. If all the roadster folks go it would be great. My concern is that some would go and some would split off and continue to have a roadster only meet. A possible idea would be to coordinate with the 510 bunch and make sure they are both on the same weekend. Seems they had an issue getting the track on our normal weekend so they slipped to the following one. In the spirit of compromise and Nissan brotherhood I would think about slipping the roadster show a week to match when they can get the track. While I like seeing the other cars I think the two groups might have different enough interests that just dumping them into the same box might not work.

keith
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

What you are reffering to as the "510" meet is actualy called "The Mount Shasta All Datsun Meet". Then there's the Mt. Shasta Datsun Roadster Show.

Notice one title is inclusive the other exclusive. I've never been to either, but I'd like to go to both, or I'd really like to go to "one".

As far as the history, this is what I got, please add, fill-in or correct as needed.

Ross started the show as a roadster show (year?)
It became an "All Datsun" event (year?)
It ran that way for .. (years?)
There was friction over the monies to rent Thunderhill lap days and the Gymkata (true?) and they separtated (year?).

I can tell you for a fact that this has left a scar. Roadster owners are considered Hoity-Toity, wine-and-chease snobs, more show than go. This is not held by just the 510 community. Is it true?
keith0alan
Roadsteraholic

Post by keith0alan »

Roadster owners are considered Hoity-Toity, wine-and-chease snobs, more show than go.
You would have to ask Captain Canada about that. :lol:

How many beers fit into a roadster? Depends, cans, bottles or kegs?

The All Nissan folks don't have a corner on having a good time. There are differances but I don't think snob fits in there anywhere.

keith
gmagana

Datsun Meet

Post by gmagana »

Hello, Victor, You are right, I need to rephrase the question. The intent is to ask if we should move the show to the next week, we would still have our own Datsun roadster show and shine event, but then we have the option of going up the hill to the all Datsun Meet and interact with all those fine people. I have enjoyed the company of the people up on the hill as much as others here on this list have and I am trying to poll all of you guys to see what the thoughts are out there on this subject. I would appreciate as many people to answer this poll. This poll, It is not for bringing the two shows back together in one place, but to get them back on the same weekend. There have been many people that have vocalized to me that they want the two events on the same weekend, We even have some previous participants that have opted to go to that event instead of the roadster show n shine. The organizing comittee here should be aware of how all of you feel and I am sure your thoughts will be well received. I hope this clarify's the question I am asking and that you will give me your input so that I can present it.
Thanks, Gerardo
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
keith0alan
Roadsteraholic

Post by keith0alan »

It would be great for them both to be on the same weekend.

keith
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

I also would be happy to see them on the same weekend, though seperate events seems like it would make sense.

BTW, any word yet as to official dates for Shasta Roadster Meet 2006?
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by itsa68 »

Canada's got a Captain?
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
keith0alan
Roadsteraholic

Post by keith0alan »

You think the old UsofA has a corner on super heros? Canada has the famous Roadster super hero, Captain Canada. Not sure of his true identity but we did get a picture.

http:/members.aol.com/keith0alan/images/cc.jpg
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by itsa68 »

I like it.
Especially the low drag head gear.
:lol:

Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
TR

Post by TR »

Same weekend for both shows would be great! TR
twinight
Roadster Fanatic

Post by twinight »

Have it the same weekend and I would drive up from socal.
I wouldn't drive up just for a car show, but add in an autocross and track time...............
I've got to start looking for a tow hitch for my volvo.
Steve
70' 1600
crispy

Post by crispy »

Stickerman wrote:I vote we move them closer to the East Coast :D
I'll second that! :wink:

Cris