Road Atlanta this weekend

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

reblues
Site Supporter

Road Atlanta this weekend

Post by reblues »

Hey all, I'm headed to RA this weekend for a little camping and watching some cars go by. Any SEROC's that want to come up and check the place out are welcome to stop by. I will go up Friday evening and be there through Sunday afternoon.

If Sunday is nice it is a will be a great day to come up, sit back on spectator hill and watch some racing. I will be camping between turns 9 & 5. Either against the trees or against the fence. By Sunday afternoon I will have a canopy setup by the fence. You can't miss my old pos '69 Ford pickup. Faded out blue with black primered hood

Richard Brown
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Whew! Stick a fork in me, I am done!!

Road Atlanta has come and gone, but I feel like I have been hit by a truck. The turnout was good, but not as good as I had hoped. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, at least a half dozen cars did not show (mine included), but we still had fun.

Russell and Tom did great on the track! I proved to Russell that I was the most useless person on his team. We all had a good time though. It was a bummer that Tom and Russell could not set up side by side. That would have been neat.

The highlights included Richard Brown showing up in his Roadster! Woo Hoo!! I am stoked about that. There were also not one, but TWO Silvias in attendance. One is a 22k mile original that was a one owner car - a Nissan exec if I heard right. It was sweet! Kurt showed up with the Silvia Patrol - yes alphonse, a real live Japanese Police car! Kurt was kind enough to try to scare the snot out of me by letting me ride in the passenger seat of it during the club laps. Sweet!!

Lots of other Roadsters came and went. Everything from beaters to very nice cars. A few were for sale, but no cars were sold that I saw. A few parts and LOTS of stories (some even true!) were exchanged.

On Saturday, I forgot my camera so I don't have pics of all of the attending cars, but I do have most of the ones on Sunday. When I get enough energy, I will post them. The weather on Saturday was very windy and overcast. A few of us ended up with windburns.

Saturday night was the traditional get together, but not at our normal venue. The Applebees that we had been going to apparently was not up to the task, so we tried Smokey Bones Barbeque. The food was good, but the beer was putrid. I got Sweet Tea, so I was OK. At the raffle, there were lots of neat tidbits going around. Mark Dent (Stickerman) and I got the same item which was quite humerous. Now, not only do we have the Glen, but we have RA....

Sunday was a short day for most, but we got the club laps that morning. Pretty neat view of Roadsters going up the hill and down the chute. Road Atlanta has some interesting turns that can make it fun! As I left, I stopped to visit with a Roadster owner that could not bring his car. I wanted to see the Dellorto powered stroker in person. Neat!! It sounds pretty mean. A few more tweeks and the police around Atlanta will have a new nemesis.

Then came the long drive home. I-75 has construction zones for a lot of roadway south of Macon, so I got bounced and jostled quite a bit. I had a CB, so I could get updates on police action - which meant that I kept the big white truck humming right along. By 1am, I was home and in bed.

All in all it was fun, but I am whipped!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Sid, its not sunscreen, you dont have to rub it in..... lol, jk, sounds like a blast. wish i could have made it!
spl310
Roadster Guru

Post by spl310 »

Evan,

Lots of folks were looking for you. If you could have gotten the blessing from your folks, I would have been more than happy to pick you up as I passed by. Plenty of room in the big ol pickemup...

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
steved033
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by steved033 »

sorry I only made it friday...met Mike and a bunch of the SEROC guys. Might have a lead on a car.

You guys are pretty cool, and seemed pretty intersted in my porsche.

sjd
reblues
Site Supporter

Post by reblues »

Steve,

Sorry I missed you. I didn't get there until Friday night. I was looking forward to seeing your porsche. Stop by and show it to Jim and myself. A guy stopped by Sunday and talked about the roadster for a while. He said he had a line on a 1600 in Augusta. He was debating between it and a, I think, Fiat. I gave him my email and ask if he decided on the other car to let me know.

Richard
steved033
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by steved033 »

cool. maybe next week...I'm just to the wall right now...I have about 40 things to do this week and only time for 20 of them.

sjd
spl310
Roadster Guru

Post by spl310 »

Hey Richard,

That 1600 in Augusta could be my old car! Let me know if you get any info on it. I have often wondered what happened to it...

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Brad Lustig
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Brad Lustig »

I saw one in the Augusta Chronicle over a year ago for sale. Never called or saw the car in person because I wasn't seriously looking at that time. I'm from Aiken, SC and wanted to go at least look at it but by the time I made it home the next time, I'd forgotten about it. I wonder if it's the same car...
reblues
Site Supporter

Post by reblues »

If I hear anything I will pass it along.