General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DAC21
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Windshield washer squirter o-ring - low windshield

Post by DAC21 »

Habitat.pat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 pm Thanks Peter for sending the washers. Something happened on my end, I got the envelope out of the mailbox but couldn't find it a day later. Looked all over. That was Saturday. Today I found the envelope in the mailbox again! It must have gotten out of the car somewhere & was found by someone who put it back in my mailbox!

Anyway, back to the washers. I must have something other than the correct squirters as the washers were much too big, even the small ones. I measured the size of the space where they are to fit between the screw & the squirter body & measured 3mm ID & 5mm OD. No idea what they are from. Tomorrow I'll check with a small engine shop in town to see if they have any fuel line that has those dimensions, then I'll see if I can slice it off to be about 1mm thick.

If that doesn't work I can either use a bit of clear silicone in place of the washers or install the MGB squirters that I got from Moss. The hose is smaller but I can get a reducer that will adapt everything.

Thanks again for sending the washers.

Peace, Pat

Pat did you get the washers I sent? Or did you confuse Peter and myself?

Anyway, have a look

Dennis

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293851571634?m ... media=COPY
1967 1600 in waiting SPL311-09002 / R-28178
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Ultimate
iloveredmeat
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Windshield washer squirter o-ring - low windshield

Post by iloveredmeat »

DAC21 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 pm
Habitat.pat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 pm Thanks Peter for sending the washers. Something happened on my end, I got the envelope out of the mailbox but couldn't find it a day later. Looked all over. That was Saturday. Today I found the envelope in the mailbox again! It must have gotten out of the car somewhere & was found by someone who put it back in my mailbox!

Anyway, back to the washers. I must have something other than the correct squirters as the washers were much too big, even the small ones. I measured the size of the space where they are to fit between the screw & the squirter body & measured 3mm ID & 5mm OD. No idea what they are from. Tomorrow I'll check with a small engine shop in town to see if they have any fuel line that has those dimensions, then I'll see if I can slice it off to be about 1mm thick.

If that doesn't work I can either use a bit of clear silicone in place of the washers or install the MGB squirters that I got from Moss. The hose is smaller but I can get a reducer that will adapt everything.

Thanks again for sending the washers.

Peace, Pat

Pat did you get the washers I sent? Or did you confuse Peter and myself?

Anyway, have a look

Dennis

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293851571634?m ... media=COPY

Hi Dennis and Pat,

It looks like Pat misspoke... I'm going to try to clarify, so will be writing in 3rd person, which is weird, but specific.

Dennis is the generous one who sent washers to Pat and Peter.

Peter did not send anything to Pat or Dennis - nothing personal - and Peter is now considering sending Christmas Cards and/or Glitter Bombs to both Dennis and Pat.

It sounds like Pat may have nozzles from a year other than 67.5. Can Pat post photos?

The smallest clear washers fit Peter's 67.5 nozzles perfectly (7mm OD by 4mm ID). All washers were too large for Peter's other nozzles (68+?).

If Pat has later nozzles, then Pat probably needs 6mm (or maybe even 5mm?) OD flat washers.

And to reiterate, O-rings are thicker than flat washers, so on 67.5s two O-rings are too thick – flat washers are required.

That's-more-detail-than-you-ever-wanted-to-know-because-I'm-531-miles-away-from-my-actual-car-so-I-only-work-on-the-minutae.

Good luck.
Peter
Peter
––
1967.5 1600 – Second Owner – Under Reconstruction
1970 Honda CT70
1953 Airstream 21' Flying Cloud – Second Owner