SoCal Super Sun Run Feb. 5th

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding to you guys sooner, like I say before I don’t have internet access at home so I couldn’t respond to ya, only when I’m at work,
Here’s an update on the charging system issue, look like I finally figured out the charging issue, it took me last Friday and the whole weekend to figured it out.
What happen was the battery terminal on the alternator never received any juice from the battery because the wire was toasted where the male and female plug meet,
Not making any contact, anyway that was fixed and now it seem to be charging. When my car is idling it read slightly over 13 volt and when I rev the RPM up to 5000 RPM it read 14.75 volts, is that over charging? Or it’s normal? I took the car out for a test drive for an hour and when I got back, I check the battery again with the volt meter and it read 12.9 volt with the engine off and I don’t see the battery no sizzling and no spilling and liquid, which is a good sign, right? Or it will take weeks or moth before I see sizzling or spilling liquid?

Ron,
I don’t live too far from you, I’m in LA area very close to Dodger Stadium, and my cars are stored at San Gabriel area. Thanks for offering to fix my car, hopefully I fixed the issue, I’ll keep on monitoring the battery and charging system if it acing up again I might need your expertise. So how was the run?

Steve (Twinight),
Did you left me a voltage regulator? I went to my garage yesterday 02/06/06 and discover a voltage regulator sitting next to the door, brand new. I thought god had answered my prayer and drop me a new voltage regulator, I’ve been good :wink: . Or perhaps my neighbor had left there for me but that can’t be right because he has no clue on what I’m doing, as I drove home with the voltage regulator I remember you (Steve Twinight) offer to loan one for me to test on my car. Is that your voltage regulator, Steve?
If so Thanks dude, I never expected you would do that for me, I still owe you lunch for fixing my car and the voltage regulator, if that is your. Let me know dude

By the way my car is in LA at my home now, that’s why you didn’t see me when you drop off the voltage regulator.

Thank for read my BS.
Vinh

69 SPL 311… Still no pics, no money and no camera, saving money for new paint job for the old lady.
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Datsundude wrote:I don’t live too far from you, I’m in LA area very close to Dodger Stadium
Vinh, Your my freakin neighbor for cryin out loud!
I'm up San Fernando Rd, near the 2frwy. If ya need help or a tool just call - A PM is on it's way to you
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Sounds like he should borrow your digital camera.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Thanks dude... I sure will ask if I need anythings. I just PM you

Vinh
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

The run was great, although I got left behind bigtime as my dad was more scared on the narrow turns than I was so I had to lean back off the pedal! Ron,Steve you guys have some heavy foots!
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Andy,

That would be a good suggestion, anyone have got camera?

Vinh
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

yep, we got one.... to bad we are thousands of miles away... :lol:

Joaquin, you should ride with my "g/f".... she is crazy thru the curves!