Datsun parts competition front springs

Discussion for product reviews! Coming sooner or later.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Spitzs1600
Roadster Newby
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Datsun parts competition front springs

Post by Spitzs1600 »

Hello to all and Happy holidays. I took a chance and ordered last month from datsunparts.com their 2116 springs that they have on sale. I had some questions and finding no phone number I sent an email. Gil from datsun parts contacted me back and was very helpful and explained that all my questions would be answered in the instruction sheet sent with the springs and he was correct. A very informative 3 pager, clear and simple.
The unseasonably warm weather last week here in the N.Y. area has allowed me to work on my car. I had previously installed some springs from Jim & Lynn earlier this year, very nice and helpful as well, in my 65 so I was anxious to do a comparison after installing the 2116 into my 66. I found no real difference between either spring sets in how they felt and performed. The ride height and feel are both really exemplary. Today a crisp top down run through the back roads in my lowered and well handling roadster yields a thank you to Gil. A thumb's up to both companies for supplying such great products to us!

Be thee well all!

Allan
DAC21
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Datsun parts competition front springs

Post by DAC21 »

Spitzs1600 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:10 pm Hello to all and Happy holidays. I took a chance and ordered last month from datsunparts.com their 2116 springs that they have on sale. I had some questions and finding no phone number I sent an email. Gil from datsun parts contacted me back and was very helpful and explained that all my questions would be answered in the instruction sheet sent with the springs and he was correct. A very informative 3 pager, clear and simple.
The unseasonably warm weather last week here in the N.Y. area has allowed me to work on my car. I had previously installed some springs from Jim & Lynn earlier this year, very nice and helpful as well, in my 65 so I was anxious to do a comparison after installing the 2116 into my 66. I found no real difference between either spring sets in how they felt and performed. The ride height and feel are both really exemplary. Today a crisp top down run through the back roads in my lowered and well handling roadster yields a thank you to Gil. A thumb's up to both companies for supplying such great products to us!

Be thee well all!

Allan
Well now you need to buy a 1967 and install Mike Young Springs for the ultimate comparison, LOL
1967 1600 in waiting SPL311-09002 / R-28178
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Ultimate
Spitzs1600
Roadster Newby

Re: Datsun parts competition front springs

Post by Spitzs1600 »

The Jim & Lynn installs were the Mike Young springs, but if you mean I need to buy a 67 then a 68, 69 & 70 to turn my hobby into a addiction then I definitely concur.

Allan