Who did you meet today?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: Who did you meet today?

Post by Alvin »

The Old Timer

Last weekend I joined a group of enthusiasts for a New Year's Day drive. On our final stop we all parked together outside of Alice's Restaurant. Cars came and went and this Model A pulled up right next to my roadster. The owner was an older gentleman, dog as his co-pilot.

I had to ask him about the Model A and he eagerly shared his history with it. He opened the center-hinged hood to reveal a slightly modified Flathead-4:

We discussed the widened wheels and larger tires and his general vision for it. It is a very small world, and the owner is an accomplished vintage racer...with the vintage racing group CSRG! He noticed the Z Car Garage sticker on my windshield and said "hey I watched you guys race at Laguna!"...
Turns out he knows our mutual friend Geoff (Lotus 7) and his name is John Buddenbaum. John races a 1949 Jaguar Parkinson Special:

Here is John B, Rob Fuller and Geoff Wise chatting. Small world indeed:

As I was leaving a Series 1 Jaguar just pulled in on the other side of me. We were making small talk while he was about to exit his Jag...but I had to leave...I had a feeling it was going to be a really great conversation...next time.
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

Thanks for posting Alvin. I really enjoy seeing people sharing things they enjoy and the positive energy it creates.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Never Leave Your Post

A chance encounter with a total stranger that turned out really cool. Also snapped one of my favorite photos here. Enjoy:

On Sunday I went for an evening cruise. Caught the sunset at my usual parking structure, surprised to see a security guard at the very top.

Guard: "You are not allowed to be up here"
Me: "Oh do you mind if I take a few pictures and I'll be gone?"

Guard: "Only if I can take it for a spin" (smiling)
Me: awkwardly driving off to take my pictures

I drove back and stopped by the guard and asked him if he wanted to go for a spin...and he left his post to jump in. Nice kid. We ended up talking well after dark at the top of the garage. I've met so many interesting people because of this roadster!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread