Wiring pics from your build: Location of ECM and Fuse box?

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Wiring pics from your build: Location of ECM and Fuse box?

Post by GoldHawg »

I'm getting closer to the electrical piece of my build and am trying to decide on locations for the ECM and the fuse box, as well as routing wires to various locations. This is in part because I want to get to filling all the holes in the firewall not needed for this build. I ended up going with a painless wiring 21 circuit setup and will be using the ECU Masters ECU with Wiring Specialties harness. I will also have a Vintage Air Mini II Evaporator taking a bunch of room over on the passenger side, so it will be a pretty crowded space. So love to see how you all did your ECU and fuse box mounting. Also, I see how Micheal Spreadbury uses the B13 grommet for the WS harness exiting the cabin into the engine bay below the heater hose in the recess area in the center of the dash, and I also see the grommet in the upper drivers corner for the wiring that goes to the headlights, horn, etc in the front of the car. But I'm not sure how the wires going to the rear of the car get routed out from under the dash to get to the back. Love to see how you did wiring into the engine bay--I want to make sure I have all the holes I need in the firewall but fill all the rest. Thanks for any pictures you can share.
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Re: Wiring pics from your build: Location of ECM and Fuse box?

Post by GoldHawg »

Also if you have any lessons learned on wiring your build you'd like to share, I'd greatly appreciate not having to learn your mistakes too!
bobd
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by bobd »

No pictures, but I put the ECU on the floor in the passenger footwell. Then built a plywood piece to sit above the ECU and put the carpet over it.

I put a newer fuse box in the factory location and put a black plastic piece on that section of the glove box to reinforce it.

There is also another fuse box and a relay box in the engine bay under the left fender lip.

Obviously, a work in progress!
'69 1600 with SR20DE
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

Thanks. Where do the wires to the rear exit in your build (taillights, fuel level, etc)?
bobd

Post by bobd »

That's the whole tour!
'69 1600 with SR20DE
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

Perfect. Pictures 2 & 3 are what I needed to see. Thanks. If anybody else has fuse box/ECM mounting pictures that are different, love to see those options too.

EDIT, I made a custom bracket for my AC Evaporator that will hold the ECU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GoldHawg on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Following
MattK