URGENT: Mt. Shasta Meet Date Survey - Please respond

Current Scheduled Events Will Be Listed Here

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

luv2luau
Roadster Newby

URGENT: Mt. Shasta Meet Date Survey - Please respond

Post by luv2luau »

We have received a lot of feedback about the Mt. Shasta Datsun Roadster Meet being rescheduled from July to September 19-21, 2019. This change was made due to the extreme heat in July over the past several years resulting in participants suffering from heat stroke and/or exhaustion and being miserably hot for the rest of us. We realized that this may not be convenient for everyone, but we really felt that due to health concerns, the move was necessary. Some of the comments we heard last year regarding the heat included the following:
• The fun run at the last meet was scheduled early and was a short drive due to the heat
• Several years ago, many cars were unable to go on the fun run due to heat locked cars
• Participants driving through California or coming from Nevada, Utah, etc. were driving in extreme heat in cars without air conditioning and some without tops

The feedback received has been both positive and negative. Although we consulted with some key annual participants, we have heard that each of you want your opportunity to be heard and vote. As you recall, we sent out a survey earlier this year with several questions, but unfortunately we did not receive many responses. However, some are better than none!
Why did we pick September? The last survey offered April, May or June instead of July, but due to other car shows and the likelihood of rain in the Pacific Northwest, those dates did not pass. August is just as hot if not hotter than July. After checking the average weather/rainfall on the web (https://weatherspark.com/countries/US), September seemed to be the best month all around. This was based on average weather/rainfall in Vancouver BC, Seattle, Portland and Bakersfield.
We realize that not every date will be ideal for everyone, but we would like to hear back from you. So choose one of the following and please respond no later than January 4, 2019:
-July 11-13, 2019 (conflicts with Roseburg Umpqua Flatheads show)
-September 19-21, 2019 (conflicts with JCCS in Long Beach)
-Either date works for me

Comments are welcome! Majority rules. If you have voted via e-mail, please do not vote again. Duplicates will not be counted. Voting and comments will remain anonymous however the overall vote results will be made available.
Have a safe and Happy New Years and hope to see you at Shasta next year for the 35th Anniversary Mt Shasta Datsun Roadster Meet.
Last edited by luv2luau on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: URGENT: Mt. Shasta Meet Date Survey - Please respond

Post by Linda »

I didn't remember seeing an earlier survey, so I checked and it looks like you sent to previous registered participants. Now that you are polling everyone, I will mess things up a bit by pointing out that June might be better-First, no conflicts, no school, longer days, and lastly better weather. Check this link for weather comparison to September and July:
https://m.weatherbase.com/weather/weath ... of-America
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
luv2luau
Roadster Newby

Post by luv2luau »

Thanks Linda. June was an option on the last survey and it was not popular for those coming from the Pacific Northwest as it typically rains until early July and there are two other meets during June. Thank you for sending the link.
AC77
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by AC77 »

September is fine with me.
Adam C
1967 Datsun Roadster 1600, "Ivy" Registry | Photos
--
1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Chevy Luv
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

September for me. I have two school-age kids, and would come in Friday rather than Thursday (missing one day of school is not such a deal).
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
Curtis
Site Supporter
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

Good luck with rain in the PNW, 90 degrees one day and rain the next. If I ever get my car where I trust it enough for a long trip then I would prefer September, not a fan of high heat.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
Daryl Smith
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Daryl Smith »

Also prefer September........
vorpal
Roadster Fanatic

Post by vorpal »

September is my vote

Will give me time to get red 67.5 together, or failing that, flog old Blue for another run to California from Canuckistan.
Rob
1969 Datsun 2000 Solex # 12921
1967.5 Datsun 1600 # 14262
1990 300ZX Twin Turbo
another 1990 300ZX Turbo
1993 300ZX Convertible
new garage DONE Oct 2019!!!
Edmonton, Canada