anyone have watanabe rims on your roadster?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

roadstermike
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

anyone have watanabe rims on your roadster?

Post by roadstermike »

I really like these rims but Im not sure if they would fit under a stock fender. Anyone have them? Is so, what offset and size?
Michael
67.5 2000 clone
oilleak

Watanabe's

Post by oilleak »

Check out the wheel FAQ on this site. They are really nice but hard to find and not usually cheap. If you've got a line on some at a good price I'd buy them. Offset you need will depend on the width of the wheel and tire size. Other simialar wheels were made by hayashi racing and Minilite. Compomotive, panasport, minator, and Superlite all make 8 spoke wheels currently and some of them aren't too bad price-wise. Steve and I both have 14x6.5 Minilites with a +13 offset and they work great. You'll have to look around to find a set but they're not too hateful to your budget. Hays Harris at wire wheel sport cars usually has a set or two around for about $500. His site is www.wirewheel.com
spriso
Vendor

Post by spriso »

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/ ... 09_web.jpg

They are a 14x6, but I am not sure of the offset-- but they are a great fit and look great on my roadster...

Michael
Spriso Motorsports
http://www.spriso.com
Instagram https://instagram.com/spriso/
SR20 Powered Roadsters
Engine swap kits Available! See my website!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Hayashi wheels

Post by SLOroadster »

Does anyone know where to get a set of the light Hayashi wheels? I am half-heartedly looking for another set of wheels that will fit under my fenders with 195/60s. I don't think my 280 Z 6 spokes will clear with tires that large. The offset pushes the rim out toward the fender lip to much.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Alvin....

Thanks for link... I found something else I am interested in... :D
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Wheels

Post by SLOroadster »

Those Hayashi wheels are a bit pricy. I need to find a set of wheels that will allow me to run at least a 195/60 because with my current setup I get tire squeel through almost every corner. I am also looking for light weight. A set of libras could be cool, but they are hard to find and expensive as well. I'm thinking about going to a 15 inch wheel as well. At this point I am just playing with different ideas and looking to see whats out there.
The problem that I have with my current wheels is that the rear tires will rub on the inside of the outter fender. I can just barely fit one finger between the tire and the fender. I could roll the fenders but I really don't want to do that.
Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

wheels

Post by SLOroadster »

I am currently running Pirelli p4000 super touring 185/60s. The are almost new. I think they are a fairly soft compound, I think the treadwear is about 250. I know the Falkens are awesome, thats what I want to use instead. The Steel Z wheels are flexy, like the roadster steel wheels, and they are not light. I was thinking of going with the 15 inch wheels because I might be able to loose the difference in weight with a lower profile tire. I would also improve my final drive ratio for freeway driving. At the same time a lower profile tire will corner better due to having less sidewall to flex. The ride will be a bit more harsh, but I'm young and it doesn't bother me. As I said, at this point I am just looking and thinking about buying new wheels, I just wish I could find a cool set of 6 spoke wheels that will fit better. Heck I might just bite the bullet and buy a set of ARE Libras and get over it.
Will
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

If you go with 15 inch rims running 50 series tires you will actually be 1/8 inch lower than running 14 inch rims with 60 series tires.

I prefer the 15 inch. BTW, looks are very important don't cha know.

Just thought I drop that dime in the hat.

Will (or anyone else), I have 14 inch original Shelby alluminum slotted mags. The tires on them are old and worthless.

Let me know if you want to buy em. I have been holding off selling since I need them on my parts car to roll on. :)
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
Gen-SUZUKI

Post by Gen-SUZUKI »

Hello. I am a roadster owner living in JAPAN. I use WATANABE 8 spokes for my roadsters, which size is 14X6.5J. The old Z or roadster owners like Watanabe spokes. It is very popular among Japanese old car fan. If you hope I am going to search the detail. Also I use HAYASHI for the another cars I own... Thank you.

Gen SUZUKI, JAPAN
67.5 2000 RHD
69 2000 RHD
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Wantanabe Rims For Sale On Ebay

Post by S Allen »

There is a set of Wantanabe rims for sale on Ebay right now with a reduced Buy It Now price of $450.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 43954&rd=1

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth