Socal Roll Call!

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

If do some carb work to my floats, Its a 50/50 chance Ill be there!

Joaquin
redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

I'm free this Saturday Morning for a few hours, tied up on Sunday for a Motorcycle ride to Solvang.

From the 126, there's a great Back road to take you to Ojai from "old town" Santa Paula. I would definitely include that road on our run, so I could either meet you somewhere in the Santa Paula area and we could come into Ojai that way, or if you come up the west side, up the coast, we could go out that way.

Other than that, if you guys want to avoid Major freeways, you could take the 118 all the way to 126. Once you get past Moorpark-ish, the 118 turns into Agricultural backroads. They're all straight shots, but it beats the 5 and would save you a little time. To get from the I-5 side of the 126 to the coast is about a 35 minute drive, and a boring one at that. If you can do it, I would start heading west earlier. Take the 118 or the 101 to get here.

If it doesn't happen this weekend, it sounds like it will be a fun run either way! If we can get enough cars, and everyone's into let's do it this weekend. If not, any other weekend morning should be fine. Just keep me posted!
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Accordign to the news the weather this weekend might be toasty! Probably going to reach 100 degrees! Im tied up for saturday. Gotta go be a lil dj at a buddies going away party.

Joaquin
redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

Looks like there's no new posts about this so I'm gonna assume it's not happening tomorrow.

We should deifinitely get this together though! Next weekend should be cooler. How does Next Sunday Sound?
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

I went on a cruise from Buena Park to Newport Beach today and took the PCH down all the way down to huntington beach. It was quite fun, I wouldnt mind another run. But tommorow?? Who knows kinda late know to get something together..

Joaquin
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

True, next week?

Your route sounds good Brad. Let's plan on next weekend. It's cooler on the Oxnard plane, true?
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

I'm trying to plan out Labor Day weekend. If there is a run planned, what day are you proposing?
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Whoa, I forgot about the holiday! Is everybody going to be in town.

Vote: This weekend or later?

I vote This weekend, but not on Sunday as I plan to go to the Matsuri Fest BBQ http://takumiproject.com/
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

I'm up for this Saturday.
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Same here.... Where are we going to do the run??
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

Victor, Howard,

Where are you guys going to meet up? if it's Saturday I'd like to go and where are ya guys getting hold of these SoCal T shirts? Too cool gotta have one.

Tom
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Victor, are you going to wear your socalroc shirt on this Saturday's run?

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp42999dq.jpg
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Shirts -
Aha! Howard, did you get those made?

Ride - What do you all think? Do you like the Ojai Idea. It is nice up up there.
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Tom, I had 10 shirts made up. I have 8 left. They are free for the guys we go on runs with. I'll bring them to the next run. After these are gone, I can get more, but I'll have to get paid for them. My cost is $30.00 per shirt.
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Yea Vic, it was me. I tried to call you that nite, but no answer. I came to your house and saw both your cars. I didn't want to knock in case you were getting laid.