Bruce Titus Automotive Group

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

tjp
Site Supporter

Bruce Titus Automotive Group

Post by tjp »

I've ordered maybe eight times over the past couple years from Bruce Titus Nissan in Olympia. They tend toward slow but I've gotten used to that. I always use my debit card when ordering online with them. My most recent invoice from a couple weeks ago got me to go back and check all my invoices. I was not happy with what I found. In almost every case, the amount on the invoice in the box was less than what was taken out of my checking account via my debit card. We are not talking hundreds or even 10s of dollars, but the amounts are different. I emailed about this several times and got no replies. So when I called I go no help: "don't know why it does that" or "guess I don't know what happened". I am still waiting for a proper explanation and refund. My next step will be to see what my credit union will do for me.

As side note, for most every order, they charged me $10.95 for shipping (it does not say shipping AND handling) and then put the parts in a small USPS flat rate box that costs almost half that.

Check your invoices closely folks.
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Bruce Titus Automotive Group

Post by garth »

Tim,

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is repeating the same experiment and expecting different results! :D

Is there an alternative supplier?
Garth
_________
68' 2000
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

garth wrote:According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is repeating the same experiment and expecting different results! :D
I hear ya. Unfortunately I never really looked at the invoices this closely. You just assume that the amount you see at check out is going to be the same as the account debit and the same as the invoice in the box. This time, I noticed considerably different numbers right away that changed to the closer, yet still different, numbers at the end.
garth wrote:Is there an alternative supplier?

Yea, I use several Nissan parts places around the country. This one just happened to have all the seals I needed. And was the first I checked for that particular order. I've deleted the bookmark on my pc.

As for my sanity, no one questions it around here. They all know I'm batshitcrazy.
My junk pile:
Datsun.David
Site Supporter

Post by Datsun.David »

Worth pushing higher up the foodchain... Could be an example of employee embezzlement... $.27 at a time...
67.5 SRL311 #00050 - Silver - SU
67.5 SRL311 #00544 - Sora Blue SU
68 Roadster Race Car
69 SRL311
69 SRL311
72 PL510
74 260Z - Silver
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

I agree, push it MUCH higher, calmly direct whomever is not responding to connect you to the owner or general manager. Indicate clearly to them that REPUTATION is EVERYTHING, that you are in contact with many Nissan owners and future buyers of cars and parts in the Northwest because of this site and have posted your dissatisfaction and are awaiting their response to recover THEIR reputation. Do it without upset or angry "threats", just make it "matter of fact" and that the ball and the outcome is in THEIR hands... "So Mr/Ms General manager, how would YOU like YOUR reputation to be in our community?" If they step up, then post that result, and if not, then post that result as well and inform them of same. I'm sure they have a website, and for sure will have a contact email address... I would be happy to provide them with direct feedback on how their actions result in our perception of their organization and what the consequences can be when compounded with social media and a tight knit community. I believe this is a large dealership across Washington State and auto sales is a very competative business where EVERY customer is important. You might quote the old "7 degrees of separation" observation, in that, if you can reach 7 people you can literally reach nearly everyone in the world, as those 7 people know 7 people who know 7 people and so on... how many people have you reached already? Let's see if they can see the bigger picture...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

I do plan on "going up the food chain". I was just on the phone yesterday morning about the most recent invoice and last evening I did the paper work dig to check the older invoices. I thought it best to vent here, cool off and then make the next phone call next week.
My junk pile:
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Keep us posted! I WILL contact them, believe me, and be direct if they continue to screw you without explanation. I may be only one person, but if this goes bad it would be REALLY cool if a bunch of us emailed the GM regarding your experience and our subsequent perceptions.
Like you said, it's not the amount of money that is the primary issue, it's that attitude and lack of proper response, i.e. CUSTOMER SERVICE. One of my pet peves, and why one MS degree is in Organizational Psychology...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

Tim,

As usual, 311s.org has your back!

David,

I would never have suspected an employee skimming small amounts <$1.00. Call me naive! :oops:
Garth
_________
68' 2000
Datsun.David
Site Supporter

Post by Datsun.David »

I was being a little bit facetious... But it worked for Johnny Cash... One bolt at a time... And I seem to remember a strategy of Lex Luthor's in one of the Superman movies where he was going to collect billions by somehow siphoning off all of the rounding errors at banks around Metropolis... or something to that effect...
67.5 SRL311 #00050 - Silver - SU
67.5 SRL311 #00544 - Sora Blue SU
68 Roadster Race Car
69 SRL311
69 SRL311
72 PL510
74 260Z - Silver
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

The entire plot to Office Space!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

In the past, I always called and discussed the shipping. I was buying 25 or 30 vacuum advances at a time and the computer was quoting silly shipping costs. The charges are a simple matter for your bank, let them straighten it out, that's what you pay them for.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Toptech360
Roadsteraholic

Post by Toptech360 »

Bruce Titus dealerships have screwed more than one person. I wasn't aware their parts department was bad also but I have heard horror stories of them selling sub par used cars. And treating customers with a buyer beware kind of mentality after the sale. Basically saying you bought it your problem now. They also have an incredibly high employee turnover rate. :(
Dan
1964 Datsun SPL310. The Datsun
1997 Toyota Tacoma LX 4wd. The Truck
2009 Subaru Forester XT.
2017 Toyota AWD Swagger Wagon.
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Which website is their online sales?

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

"Mr. Sulu, arm photon torpedoes and set phasers to maximum... Lieutenant Uhura, open a channel..."
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA