Cleaning windshield washer bottle '69 and pump connections

Place to put those little tricks or parts you used during the restoration of your roadster.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

markjhatch
Roadster Fanatic

Cleaning windshield washer bottle '69 and pump connections

Post by markjhatch »

Hi,

I am sure that with a little bit of elbow grease and soap, I can clean up the grime and grease on the plastic bottle that holds the windshield washer fluid. But has anybody found a solution to restore the color to the original white translucent color? The top part of mine is a faded yellow.

Also, the pump for the windshield washer has a two connections: one is a spade and one is a bullet. Anybody know off hand which one is + and -? Want to test it before I put it back in.

Thanks

Mark
69'2000
Previous owner won the car in a poker game in Colorado -- he should have folded while he was ahead...
Nissanman
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Cleaning windshield washer bottle '69 and pump connectio

Post by Nissanman »

As for the pump polarity, for testing purposes, either or will do.
There is probably a more efficient direction of rotation when connected correctly but it should still pass water with either connection.
The Blue/Red wire in the engine bay harness goes to the W fuse so that is your +12V supply.

There have been some posts recently re whitening up the poly bottles, try a search on that topic :idea:
Nissanman, just trying to help.
1965 SP310 Engine No. G-93326 Car No. SP310-10817
https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/60141836519
On the road again!
markjhatch
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Cleaning windshield washer bottle '69 and pump connectio

Post by markjhatch »

Thanks for the quick response!

Had actually tried a search previously. But must not had the right words and got impatient. Did it again and found this one:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... lit=bottle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3 parts bleach to 1 part water. Wait 3 weeks. Wow, obviously patience is not one of my better qualities. ;-)

Mark
69'2000
Previous owner won the car in a poker game in Colorado -- he should have folded while he was ahead...