Moisture Control - A simple solution.

Share your experiences here with those favorite tools or tips that work well.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Zogster
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Moisture Control - A simple solution.

Post by Zogster »

I have used those silicate packages that many items are packed with these days in my truck in the winter to help with controlling the moisture problem of having snow on your boots etc., getting into a car that then heats up and melts it all and then freezes again overnight or while parked at work. Oftentimes the interior window will be a sheet of ice on the inside from the moisture condensation. Using these packs I don't have that problem. I've been doing this for years.

So I have placed these silicate packages in my roadster in several places in the fall and while storing it for the winter.
I have some in the rear wheel wells, along the floor, ashtray, under the dash near the guages and along the windshield vents, I placed additional ones throughout the engine compartment (I pull the ones that might get hot when I fire up the roadster).
So far it has worked like a charm pulling the moisture caused even by my breathing and any stray moisture that creeps in with me on my boots etc.

I am using the big ones that are 3"x 5" but I also have bundles of the smaller ones placed in mesh bags for the wheel wells.
BTW put some of these in your refrigerator in the veggie tray and your veggies stay fresh substantially longer (but don't eat them :smt001 ) . Actually I place them with my fabrics, papers, anything that I want to control mold, mildew, or moisture.

Hope this helps others.
Zogster
Anchorage, AK

'68 SPL311 1600
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Re: Moisture Control - A simple solution.

Post by Lorna c »

Zogster wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 pm I have used those silicate packages that many items are packed with these days in my truck in the winter to help with controlling the moisture problem of having snow on your boots etc., getting into a car that then heats up and melts it all and then freezes again overnight or while parked at work. Oftentimes the interior window will be a sheet of ice on the inside from the moisture condensation. Using these packs I don't have that problem. I've been doing this for years.

So I have placed these silicate packages in my roadster in several places in the fall and while storing it for the winter.
I have some in the rear wheel wells, along the floor, ashtray, under the dash near the guages and along the windshield vents, I placed additional ones throughout the engine compartment (I pull the ones that might get hot when I fire up the roadster).
So far it has worked like a charm pulling the moisture caused even by my breathing and any stray moisture that creeps in with me on my boots etc.

I am using the big ones that are 3"x 5" but I also have bundles of the smaller ones placed in mesh bags for the wheel wells.
BTW put some of these in your refrigerator in the veggie tray and your veggies stay fresh substantially longer (but don't eat them :smt001 ) . Actually I place them with my fabrics, papers, anything that I want to control mold, mildew, or moisture.

Hope this helps others.
that's a great idea ! those are the same thing they use in Agriculture and florist use them in vases where you put flowers in them and they grow huge . their pre water/nutrient absorbed . helps keep soil fluffy and moist . also using them for humidifier for cigars and marijuana storing . I've been looking those up lately . you can get bug dry form bags which is what your using in the car . at Michaels . a big hug jug of it for $4 they look like tiny beads .there's different colors too. where color wouldn't matter in this case vs soil or humidor . . anyway if you don't have allot of those packets saved up you can go buy them cheap . I've even seen car air freshener made with these things . they're kinda cool actually . use a woman's nylon to fill up and toss in the car . or something close to effect of air getting in .
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Re: Moisture Control - A simple solution.

Post by Lorna c »

this didn't get on my
1517902313668865376648.jpg
last comment thing .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .