Unusual Wheel

Tires and rims is always coming up. Discuss these item here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Randalla
Roadster Fanatic

Unusual Wheel

Post by Randalla »

About two months ago I answered a CL ad for a bunch of Z car stuff. I bought everything the guy had including some very interesting 14" X 5" wheels I plan on using on my Roadster. The guy I bought them from was in the military, stationed in Japan, and found these wheels there and had them shipped back to the US along with a Fairlady Z he had purchased. Apparently these wheels were once on the Fairlady, but not for long as they appear to be in nearly new condition. The best I can determine is that these are a jdm wheels manufactured in Japan in the late 60's or early 70's. I've only heard from one person who could identify them and he said he saw them once on a car in the UK. The wheels have Yokohama stamped on the inside but I have talked to several Yokohama wheel/tire guys who had never seen them before. I think these are going to look great on my Roadster. They remind me of a 60's era magnesium racing wheel. I'd be interested in any information you might have that identify these wheels more specifically.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: Unusual Wheel

Post by Alvin »

They look great!
sorry i could not be of assistance in id'ing the wheel

i could see some creative fininshes with black or polished accents
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Post by fj20spl311 »

RatDat.com has a wheel guide with several Almex Wheels...sadly not yours...but they same style

http://www.ratdat.com/?page_id=60

Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

That's a beautiful period wheel...