Fairladyparts.com

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

SABLT194
Roadster Fanatic

Fairladyparts.com

Post by SABLT194 »

I'm having issues getting delivery on a frame bolt set that I ordered in December. Multiple calls, multiple E-mails, little to no response. Anybody else having problems? Paypal claim now logged. Not necessarily flaming yet, but getting very close.

Regards,

Steve
1966 1600 SR20 DET Restomod
1969 Ford Thunderchicken 429 BBF Suicide Door Car
1994 Pontiac Formula - 355 M6 435 RWHP 11.54 @ 125 MPH
1971 Dodge Dart - Next Resto Mod Project Gen 3 392 Hemi with T56
2017 Ram 1500 Daily Driver
DEUCE

Re: Fairladyparts.com

Post by DEUCE »

Back in Dec I bought and paid for a short shifter with the bushing. Short shifter arrived without the bushing so I wrote them and they said they would resend. I did not get it and silence to all of my communications. The shifter still sits under driver seat. I've thought to send it back to them and tell them to s***f it......Good luck
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

A local friend had a similar issue as far as very very poor communication after a botched order. Once he got a reply, the seller tried to make it sound like my friend had made the mistake when he ordered; this despite a hard copy of the order proving where the error was.

I wrote that vendor off my list after this.

Bad word travels faster than good.

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

I ordered and paid for some parts a few months ago through their website. I still have not received them :-( I have communicated with him and been told that they would ship right away, but that was a few weeks ago and I still have not received them :-(

Cheers
James
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

So I'm not the only one. Ordered in December.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
SABLT194
Roadster Fanatic

Post by SABLT194 »

Gentlemen, I think we have a problem!
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by LI Roadster »

did you buy from ebay or their website directly? I ask because I bought a part from their ebay listing and paid for it instantly.. after 4 weeks no part I sent several emails through ebay and called the person in charge of ebay sales for fairladyparts.com. nothing. so finally I called gerardo Directly and he was very apologetic, he even offered to give me a partial refund, I didn't want a refund I wanted my part, thanks to Gerardo I had it a few days later
1969 2000 Roadster
23yrRebuild
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by 23yrRebuild »

SABLT194 wrote:Gentlemen, I think we have a problem!
Be careful now, ...some of the newer members may not know this yet, but I was advised back in November of 2009 when I was having contact difficulties, that these guys are respected, well liked, and starting up a new business, while at the same time they're doing other things, projects, regular employment, etc....

At the time, one kind member pointed out that
Gerardo has a full time job, he owns a machine shop, he has a restoration shop, he is continually travelling and dealing with manufacturers to make new parts, and he does the Roadster parts business. Yes, he is a busy guy. That does NOT excuse him for not responding. My suggestion is to leave him a voice mail with a call back number. He will get back with you.
So hang in there, give them a reasonable amount of time, and I'm sure your transactions will come to some kind of conclusion.
Mike - '67 Stroker / 5-Speed
Curtis
Site Supporter

Post by Curtis »

He's called me back when I call. The credit card processing screwed up his ability to run the charges. Can't blame him for not wanting to send out unpaid for items.
66 stroker, almost done.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

23yrRebuild wrote:
SABLT194 wrote:Gentlemen, I think we have a problem!
Be careful now, ...some of the newer members may not know this yet, but I was advised back in November of 2009 when I was having contact difficulties, that these guys are respected, well liked, and starting up a new business, while at the same time they're doing other things, projects, regular employment, etc....

At the time, one kind member pointed out that
Gerardo has a full time job, he owns a machine shop, he has a restoration shop, he is continually travelling and dealing with manufacturers to make new parts, and he does the Roadster parts business. Yes, he is a busy guy. That does NOT excuse him for not responding. My suggestion is to leave him a voice mail with a call back number. He will get back with you.
So hang in there, give them a reasonable amount of time, and I'm sure your transactions will come to some kind of conclusion.

Mmmm, ya, I know that Gerardo IS a good guy, and may be very busy. BUT nevertheless, waiting since December (3 months!) to me is inexcusable, especially when a guy is on a time table to get his or someone elses car done and you can't move forward. I greatly appreciate what folks like Gerardo do for us Roadster owners, but it is a business and if they cannot hold up their end they either need to hire people to help them or their business will ultimately fail. It sounds to me that Steve has been quite patient and has made a number of efforts. NONE of this is his fault, but he is the one who suffers. I've gotta say, I've never waited more than 3-4 days for Dean's stuff to arrive, and any time there has been any issue or question HE has called ME. Customer service is where just about ANY business lives or dies.

That being said, I hope it all works out for everyone involved.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
SABLT194
Roadster Fanatic

Post by SABLT194 »

Gerardo contacted me yesterday and offered to either ship the bolts or refund Paypal. I elected to take the bolts (which i do need.) I'm still giving Fairladyparts.com the benefit of doubt and some additional leeway to make this right.Thanks for your input guys. I'll let you know how this turns out-Favorable or Unfavorable.

They do have a lot of nice stuff available for our cars so I am very hopeful this is resolved favorably and thus be able to confidently purchase from them in the future.

Regards,

Steve
fixitman04
Roadsteraholic

Post by fixitman04 »

idk.... he is on my permanent do not buy from list due to a attempted transaction i had with him in july... i had over 300$ worth of stuff priced on his website. i was looking at his site when i called him, when i finally got a hold of him on the phone i placed my order.... and woulden't you know it.... every item was at least 10$ higher in price.... remember i was on his site while calling... i mentioned it to him and he said i must of been looking at old prices, i did not tell him i was currently looking at the site just that his prices were lower on the site..... i refreshed the page after hanging up on him and all the prices i mentioned had been raised. il never do buisness with such a dishonest person. i called dean up and all of his prices were the same as his site and arrived on time
67.5 srl-311-00407 u20
desperately looking for a 67.5 body that is rust free... id settle for any low window tub
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

I got a call as well and should be getting my parts in the next few days. I'll let y'all know how it turns out as well.

Cheers
James
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
Curtis
Site Supporter

Post by Curtis »

fixitman04 wrote:idk.... he is on my permanent do not buy from list due to a attempted transaction i had with him in july... i had over 300$ worth of stuff priced on his website. i was looking at his site when i called him, when i finally got a hold of him on the phone i placed my order.... and woulden't you know it.... every item was at least 10$ higher in price.... remember i was on his site while calling... i mentioned it to him and he said i must of been looking at old prices, i did not tell him i was currently looking at the site just that his prices were lower on the site..... i refreshed the page after hanging up on him and all the prices i mentioned had been raised. il never do buisness with such a dishonest person. i called dean up and all of his prices were the same as his site and arrived on time
This can be a problem with your cache not clearing on your browser. I've had to refresh before to get the updated stuff, annoying. Changed my settings so it always reloads. Pretty unlikely he was editing the page while you were talking.
66 stroker, almost done.
EScanlon

Post by EScanlon »

Curtis is spot on.

While working on the Registry, I would actually upload a changed page.... and would NOT see the changes... even though I had just finished editing and uploading and KNEW, FOR A FACT, that the source file had been overwritten by having had to approve the overwrite. I'd key F5 (Refresh) and voilá the NEW material would appear. Why? The cache.

Your browser retains the last loaded image of the sites you visit for "fast" loading next time you visit, and like Curtis says, unless you select the option to refresh the page EVERY TIME you visit, you may not notice changes.
(Note that this is a general rule of thumb. I say this to avoid the posts that will point out that Mozilla version 3.49876 used with Ubuntu v. 9.678 do it automatically if you select the belly button lint removal option, and your base language is Swahili.)

As Curtis says, it's highly unlikely that he was actively editing the page(s) as you looked at them (and no, you wouldn't see it happen as he typed), and to presume that he immediately went there to raise prices just because you ordered would be paranoia in the extreme.

FWIW
E