San Diego CA (Rancho Penasquitos)

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

BillinSD
Forum Newb

San Diego CA (Rancho Penasquitos)

Post by BillinSD »

Hello everyone - my name is Bill and I have a Roadster problem. I love my Roadster like all of you and am pleased to have found a support group such as this.

Seriously,
I fell in love with my roadster in High School and bought it on a whim a week before leaving for overseas. Planned on bringing it out to Japan but that never happened, instead 'life' happened and now I am planted in San Diego. I am making room in my garage for my car that has been graciously garaged at my father's home for the last 16 years. (It had been parked for 7 before that, I passed it on the way to school every day)

I was pseudo active on the mailing list about 10 years ago and have finally gotten into a position where I can get the space and time (and maybe money) to get my car back on the road. I recently went and did a quick assessment on her and unburied her from a few years worth of cardboard boxes. I forgot how clean this car will be with a little love.

My plan:
- get it down to my house from Sacramento area
- do a good cleaning / inspection
- remove / sell U20 and tranny to someone who will appreciate it (43k miles on it)
- prep and insert KA24 or SR20DE
- drive, drive, and drive

I have seen one other roadster in my neighborhood and the gentleman drives his fairly often. I also know that some real nice roadsters were lost during the big fires we had down here as well. If you are in San Diego I am interested in connecting.

If you read this far you are a Roadster Maniac..... :-)

Cheers
Bill
1969 Red 2000
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: San Diego CA (Rancho Penasquitos)

Post by notoptoy »

Welcome (back) aboard! We look forward to seeing pictures and having you post your progress!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

Welcome back Bill - you came to the right place. I used to be active on the list about 15 years ago - maybe I "met" you then as I lived in Berkeley?

Anyhow, the internet has sure changes and this web forum "interface" is great for sharing photos, videos, etc.

Cheers
James
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Post by fj20spl311 »

Bill,
I am in San Diego i.e. Bay Park
Work on the hill in Biotech.
You should visit Classic Datsun Motorsports (http://classicdatsun.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in Vista if you get the chance.
There are a lot of us in SoCal
Phil
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

First off-welcome to our little slice of the cyber world. We are glad you found us. Please post plenty of pictures of your pride and joy. We like pictures. There is an album on the forum (link at the top) and one external to the forum located at http://www.311s.org/Coppermine/index.php where you can put your pictures and then link them within your post. If you get stuck just ask for help. We are a pretty friendly group here and someone will help you out. We have a registry where you can add your ride or rides that is located at http://www.311s.org/registry.html Please add your car or cars there with pictures as well.
If you have a picture you want added as an avatar and cannot figure out how to do it-send me the picture in an email to 67datroad@311s.org and I will get it posted for you. No dumb questions here and someone will usually answer you or point you to the answer. We have a tech wiki section that has tons of information in it regarding all things roadster related-direct link is http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php If you would like to add content to the wiki send one of the moderators and email and we will make it happen. Also as a shameless plug for Scott Scheeler's "The Datsun Roadster" books is a must have. More information available on Scott's website http://thedatsunroadsterbook.com/ You can easily find other roadster owners in you area here as well. Please put your location in your profile so we know where you are. Again, welcome and enjoy.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

is your neighbor's on "Carrera" drive or something similar?
My wife's family lives near black mountain road and this roadster is always outisde when we visit san diego:

Welcome!!!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

Cool Alvin - my folks live off of Carmel Valley.

Cheers
James
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
sleepyzzz
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by sleepyzzz »

welcome Bill, and take lots of pics and post them as you take on that motor and tranny swap.
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/sleepyzzz56/roadster/IMG_0252-1-1.jpg
BillinSD
Forum Newb

Post by BillinSD »

Thanks for the welcome, the Roadster I have seen in my area is owned by Mark and it is a white 70.

I am not sure if he is on this site, I should call him and check......

Bill
1969 Red 2000
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

you know it's funny i'm in PQ right now and that same red roadster was still in the driveway, only it had a hardtop :D
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread