Problem with Poster on this forum

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Phred58
Vendor-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Problem with Poster on this forum

Post by Phred58 »

So fellow roadster people.

I purchased some parts offered by a poster on this forum and paid for them via Paypal a little over a month ago. Several emails later @ 3 weeks with a promise by the seller to "get it out tomorrow" and an apology about the delay on his part. My response to his apology was the delay, per se, was not a problem but no communication along with no parts is.

Still nothing after 4 weeks - no parts, no response, nothing. Shipping time should be no more than 2 or 3 days between his address and mine. Suggestions from the crowd?
68 SRL311-05416
68 SRL311-03507 (currently undergoing restoration)
67.5 SPL311-12278 - big parts off to scrap, small stuff in buckets
www.datsun-roadster-parts.com
greydog
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600

Re: Problem with Poster on this forum

Post by greydog »

Really, poster or no, your transaction is like any online purchase. Payment has been accepted and the goods haven't been received. How would you deal with the same thing on Ebay?
Still, life does happen, family emergency, employment, travel, etc can conflict with the best intentions. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to try to contact the seller by PM through this forum and by email. If no answer you can try to get your funds back through PayPal. If you have no response to your inquiry, you should probably let the rest of the folks here know so they don't have the same issue.
SPL311 aka Skooter. Sold. Now wasting away in the SF area.
1990 Nissan 300zx. Sold this one too.
2018 VW Tiguan
EScanlon

Post by EScanlon »

When you PM him, send him a link to this thread and the question of "Shall I identify you?".

It may seem harsh, but...

But as Dan mentioned, you might first ask if there is a problem on his end that a bit of patience will allow him to overcome.

E
Kemp_l

Post by Kemp_l »

try one more time then get ahold of paypal..I did it once in all my dealings and it was resolved in three days.
Phred58
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by Phred58 »

Well, I did email him several times through this forum since payment was sent on Oct. 6th - the last time I did, he told me he would "ship it out tomorrow". "Tomorrow" was October 27th....

Contacted him again on Nov. 5th, pointed out parts had still not arrived and got no response - he easily could have explained what the problem was but all I got was dead air.

Paypal has a 45 day time limit to file a claim which is approaching and I'm not willing to "donate" $ 275.00 and not receive the parts. I'm not sure how I've been impatient so far - a 35 day wait to ship parts to a neighboring state?

I don't like being a pain in the *ss but am I really out of line here?
68 SRL311-05416
Kemp_l

Post by Kemp_l »

no you are not being impatient, You bought parts and they were not shipped. Thats a heck of a lot of money to get nothing in return. Hope the person gets ahold of you with a solution..come on
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

Report it to paypal before the dealine. Also, WHO DID YOU TRY TO BUY PARTS FROM. You need to let the rest of us know please!
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?
fixitman04
Roadsteraholic

Post by fixitman04 »

there are other options to pursue, internet fraud is a crime and the fbi will go after him on it. i believe the threshold for a felony is as little as $250 for an internet crime as it is interstate. i had to go through this with a seller on the supra forum im on over 400$. just the threat of prosecution got me my parts and a partial refund. http://www.ic3.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
67.5 srl-311-00407 u20
desperately looking for a 67.5 body that is rust free... id settle for any low window tub
greydog
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by greydog »

Sounds like you've been more than patient. I'd make the Paypal claim and warn the rest of the folks here (and wherever else you can find).
I've not met most of the people on this forum but still think of them as my friends. Sorry to hear one of us has let you down.
Dan
SPL311 aka Skooter. Sold. Now wasting away in the SF area.
1990 Nissan 300zx. Sold this one too.
2018 VW Tiguan
EScanlon

Post by EScanlon »

Have you communicated with the individual since you started this thread? I ask only because the individual may be in the middle of some personal difficulties OR is simply ignoring everything OR is unaware of the repercussions to being identified.

Let him know, send him a PM and an e-mail, most of us (I presume) have an e-mail notification sent whenever a PM is received on the forum, this way you've duly advised him. If no response is received in a short period of time, then proceed with Paypal refund and identify the individual.

FWIW
E
Phred58
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by Phred58 »

I sent another email yesterday (Oct 10) through this forum. After being close alongside another individual going through a 2 year divorce, I understand someone not wanting to deal with much else.

But there was an acknowledgment on his part about the delay in a previous email and a promise to ship the part on Oct. 27th. He again failed to honor his second "promise" - the first being his commitment to ship the part the first time.

According to the 311s email system, the only email he hasn't picked up is the one from Oct. 10. I also mentioned that there was a different name on the Paypal payment even though it was his email address and he stated that it was his business partner so there are really 2 different individuals not stepping up here.

In the Oct. 10th email just sent, I gave him to this weekend to provide proof of shipment of the parts. I mentioned this thread and that should he not respond, I will file a claim with Paypal and at that time share names of the individuals.

The bummer for me is I simply want the parts, that's all. I didn't want to spend time writing numerous emails (about 6 - 8 at this point), "tarnish" his/their reputation or the hassle of it all. What a waste of time! Just do what you're suppose to do in a regular business transaction. That's all.
68 SRL311-05416
Kemp_l

Post by Kemp_l »

Yea, I had a comitment on parts that I had told the person I would purchase and had to delay a little bit. I kept in contact with them and when my ship came in again I payed for my stuff and it was sent in a very timely manner. Communication is the key here. If your buying or selling communication for sure...Seller - Hint Hint Hint...
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP

Post by Linda »

Sounds like the guy got plenty of warnings by this point in time. I'd just go ahead and make a claim before he bankrupts or something. Or give him a deadline, 4 days to get the part or name goes up.
He has made promises he hasn't kept which is different then a sudden crisis which prevents the handling of ordinary business.

Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

This topic is Threads of Shame, not Threads of Threats.
Perhaps it's time to name names?
Even if the seller redeems himself the damage is done, perhaps others should be aware of possible problems in dealing with the individual?
Or, others may be able to speak up in defense, or unisyn?
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Kemp_l

Post by Kemp_l »

Well it doesnt seem that this thread has resolved nothing. Your call my friend..