Build in progress.

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TacomaBoy

Build in progress.

Post by TacomaBoy »

It's taken a little longer than anticipated,but I have my freshly machined KA block,re-bushed-re sized rods and freshly turned crank in my shop. Yesterday and today was spent with Plasti-gage and the end result was a big smile and probably XXX's&OOO's for my machinest. This guy did a butt load of work for me that is spot on. I just ordered a set of Stage 2 Crower cam's that should be in wed. so he then can wright my head.KUDO's for Head Work's. Anyway tomorrow I will weightmatch rods and pistons then it's on to filing to proper ring gap. The intake is pretty much complete as well,few loose ends but coming together good. I'll try for some pic's tomorrow. CKTRAP my friend were on our way.
Last edited by TacomaBoy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: Build in progress.

Post by Alvin »

yay!!!!
subscribed
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Been a little busy, all thats left is to role rings on pistons,then assemble. SSSSHHHHh all thats left. Man I'm about to open a can of worms that much like last year at this time is gonna suck up $$$$ and time. But hey that's what this is all about if ya want the feel. And we do. Hey C.K. I'm putt'in up some eye candy for ya. Tomorrow may be about the last driveable day in the Pac. N.W. ya bet I'll be out.
IMG_0227.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

C.K. _ it looks like you are getting a heck of a deal, that 1600 looks PRISTINE!
Looking forward to more pics of the swap!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Be sure to have more up as I progress. My cam's came in today, but was thinking that I would try to do a little clean up some of the cast flash areas. I'll have to do some research for sure before I go to far in that area.Want to get the pistons in before I go off in another direction.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

We'll this is today after an awsome football game. Trans. mock up. No brainer,although my lower a bit when engine's in place. G.M. trans. mount was already in place from last spring. Head went out Fri. So I think I 'm gonna dig on the fuel delivery a bit. A nice gent on Ratsun showing his ride mentioned something of a 96' ish. Maxima fuel sender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

looking good keep it coming!
i like the silver frame never seen that before
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Yea ...It's not quite the norm. I'm thinking a char/grey eng. with the brass freeze plugs. Blk.mounts/brackts.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

I like the silver frame too, it makes all the bits stand out, and also makes it obvious how much work has been done!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Just made an app. to meet with a guy from Kent on Thurs. He's got the 96' maxima parts I 'm looking for. 80 bucks buys the fuel delivery system,with supply and return lines. Another piece.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Well,it's taken a bit longer but I have made some progress. Hope to have the eng./trans. mocked up by x-mas.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

PRETTY BAD ASS Looking motor there! Me likey!

65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Hey thanks for the punch! Things were progressing pretty good till a few weeks ago. Blown trans. in work rig. 2700.00....... Braces for son's not so big mouth. 3600.00,1st. stage. After that ,not only did I need a BIG rum and coke, but also a chance to rethink how I progress. Atleast for the next month or so. At this point I can just about mock-up the eng/trans. with mounts. Then either on to rear brakes or fuel and delivery.
TacomaBoy

Post by TacomaBoy »

Well here goes. For those like myself that are new to this aspect. First,trim the dust shield off the driveline yolk. This will enable the eng/trans.to be moved as far as possible towards rear. After a bit of push/pull on the power, I finally wound up with trans. level across frame,crank centered between frame rails,and about 1/4'' between face of oil pan and trail edge of eng. crossmember.
But... This only gives me about 1/2'' between butt face of driveline yolk face and trans. tail housing seal. Not enough. I'm thinking of die grinding out about a 1/4'' of the trailing seam on the cross member to allow a bit more forward movement of eng? Yea. Nea. Looks like fab up new trans.mount.,the alt. mounting has got my attention. Maybe that Justy thing.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Well I'd say that's some good progress. Are you getting any advice from any of the other swappers on the board?

65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG