This Guy is a Sham eBay Seller - dansfam794z

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Linusrp
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

This Guy is a Sham eBay Seller - dansfam794z

Post by Linusrp »

I bought some parts of eBay a month ago. He lists his address as Salt Lake City, Utah. I've sent him multiple emails over the last month and he has never respponded. I have yet to receive the roadster items. I finally opened a case on eBay. The guy waited four days to respond. Then he says he can't find the tracking number and he has been contacting me previously. He supposedly used UPS and I know personally that they can find any tracking number in their system if you have the shipping information such as original ship date, location of shiping, etc. Do not buy from this guy, he'll take your money. I believe the auction ended lower than he expected and now he wants to attempt to resell the parts at a higher price. Beware of this guy!
1967 1600 restored
1968 1600 Gone & Buried
1970 1600 Gone & Buried
da-man

Re: This Guy is a Sham eBay Seller - dansfam794z

Post by da-man »

Linus Lowry;
you seem like a very bitter, angry man. I feel very sorry for how miserable you must be. :cry: Or maybe you're not miserable, just short? :wink:

Dood:
I am said seller. And I DID in fact send you an email when you first indicated you hadn't received your items (BTW: your very first contact was very rude an accusatory.... before I ever even knew there was a problem). I sent the email from my phone, because, as I stated IN the email: I was out of town, and had been for weeks.

As I explained in the email I sent to you, AND in the response I gave to the Ebay case you filed: My father agreed to do the shipping for me while I was out of town. He says he shipped it. I'm sure he did. But he's 70 yrs old.... and when I asked him for a tracking number for you, I had to explain to him what that was. it seems he discarded the receipts. I don't know how else to track them for you.

SO: as I said in my original email to you, AND in my response to the Ebay case: I am very, very happy to provide a full refund to you. OR, we can wait to see if they show-up. Your call. YOU GET TO DECIDE.

I really don't know how to be more accommodating to you. Yes, it's unfortunate, for sure. And yes, I am very sorry for your extreme emotional strain over this (based on your ranting through the ebay system at me, I assume it IS extreme emotional strain, right?), but you can have either a refund, or wait. sorry.

Beyond that: if you had read my listing at ALL, you would have noticed that this was the LAST of the roadster items I have. I sold the project a long, long time ago, and these surfaced during a shop cleaning last month. I miss the roadster community, and especially this forum. But I think it's funny (and telling) that you would tell Ebay (as if any automated system there cares) that you have "already alerted the roadster community to this liar".

Lastly: notice my ebay feedback: 100%. Now, I'm not a guy who makes his living on Ebay. In fact, I've only got 350-ish transactions reporting.... since '00. But 100% is still 100%.
As my racing buddies would say: "Why ya gotta go an' be a hater?"

let me know what you want me to do. :smt006
Linusrp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Linusrp »

I've been trying to get a hold of this guy since the middle of November. I waited 14 days to contact him since I paid for UPS Ground shipping ($33) and that can take 7-10 business days to deliver. Never a single email letting me know the itemswere shipped. I then started attempting to contact him through eBay's message system since I had no other means to contact him. After a month of never receiving a single reply I contacted eBay's resolution center and opened a case. Four days later he finally contacts me and says he previously communicated with me. My attempts to communicate with him are listed in eBay. Other than his original reply through the resolution center (after the case was opened against him) there are no other communcations listed from him. This would have been has only way to communicate with me. Interestingly, using the same email address the resoution center was able to get a reply from him and he wonders why I was upset. He is only commenting here because I mentioned I would let the roadster community know about this situation. Your lack of communication should be no reason to call me names and attempt to deflect blame. Send me the parts or return my money, that is all I have requested through eBay.
1967 1600 restored
1968 1600 Gone & Buried
1970 1600 Gone & Buried
da-man

Post by da-man »

huh.
so far, this is the very first mention you've made of being willing to accept a refund; which is what I offered from my very first communication with you, when I apologized for the problem.

I will refund the money the moment I hit "submit" on this message. I know you won't do it, because you're so angry (at ???), but I would hope very much that in the event the package arrives (because, heaven forbid a package take a long time, or gets mishandled during the holidays) please either return them to me, or send me money again.
You DO realize that I'm out the $20 I paid for shipping on this, right?
Linusrp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Linusrp »

His last post was Tuesday evening, with the quote "I will refund the money the moment I hit submit...". Well, like the parts and the communication, the refund still hasn't arrived. No surprise here. Maybe his father lost the 'submit' key on the keyboard. I'll recheck my email for that 'previous' communication. Nope, no mention of a lost 'submit' key or the lost keyboard. Maybe PayPal forgot to deposit the refund. I'll check that next. There's a pattern here that I still want to warn the community about.
1967 1600 restored
1968 1600 Gone & Buried
1970 1600 Gone & Buried
darkbane
Roadster Nut

Post by darkbane »

I've been through similar situations, and it is very frustrating, and annoying. Some people are scammers, lazy, and or just irresponsible, and other times, accidents and mistakes....well....just happen.

That's Life.

Regardless of what the case me be, thank you for making us aware of this situation. We can now decide for ourselves if we are willing to do business with stated seller.

Can you now take your pissing contest to a more private form of communication.

Thank You
1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600