Hayashi wheel restoration

Tires and rims is always coming up. Discuss these item here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Roadster Nut

Re: Hayashi wheel restoration

Post by 692000 »

those look great...what is the size/offset? Are you running any spacers? Pretty light like panasports?
69 roadster project
Roman
Site Supporter

Post by Roman »

SLOroadster wrote:
RFR wrote: I really like the rear flaring. looks stock but bigger.
I think you are the only person to notice that. A lot of work went into that. Hopefully scrutineers don't notice it.
Was that done with just hammer and dolly? it appears there was nothing welded, and it was just beaten into shape. I like the look a lot.

Here in this shot it looks like it is in the early "beating it into shape" stage.

Will trade guitars for roadsters, food, shelter, clothes, etc, etc.
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

RFR wrote:
SLOroadster wrote:
RFR wrote: I really like the rear flaring. looks stock but bigger.
I think you are the only person to notice that. A lot of work went into that. Hopefully scrutineers don't notice it.
Was that done with just hammer and dolly? it appears there was nothing welded, and it was just beaten into shape. I like the look a lot.

Here in this shot it looks like it is in the early "beating it into shape" stage.

There was some hammer and dolly work done, but it was mostly done with a baseball bat initially then a glasspack muffler. I started by installing the 225s on the wheels, then airing them up to about 50 psi. I rolled the fenders with the bat to get some clearance, then I rolled them with the muffler (about a 4 inch diameter or so.) After that I went back and cleaned things up with the hammer and dolly, then did the finish work with some glaze bondo. The goal was to get as much clearance as I could and still look more or less stock, unless you have another one sitting right next to it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!