Testing electric fuel pump

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Testing electric fuel pump

Post by Gregs672000 »

Well well well... "Scott to bridge, warp drive out!"
Crap. To say I'm pissed and disappointed is an understatement, but as usual it's my fault and there's nothing but to take the blame and fix the problem. I tried all freakin day but just came to the conclusion that I (once again) must delay my dyno tuning, car is just no good.

Jon (jhaden) you just keep giving me any advice or info you like... I'll listen, cause it appears I've fouled my injectors, and as you noted a 10 NOT 100 micron filter is REQUIRED for fuel injection... see pic... something look amiss to any of you?

Car was running pretty good last outing, but it gave some indication that all was not fully well. Yesterday as I prepared for dyno Tuesday it started doing the same crap... lower fuel pressure, less voltage going to the pump. I rechecked wiring and found I had reversed the hot wires on my two relays, (power going to 87 pin instead of 30 pin). Don't know exactly what that does but both were getting hot to the touch, not just warm... hot. So, I reviewed the wiring and found the error, then noted I had it wired a little different than how some schematics suggest. So I rewired it with all new relays and as "they" suggest and it caused the fuel pump to run all the time (not supposed to, the controller cycles it) but I got that figured out. Wiring not hot anymore. At first it was back to normal, but then started running rough again. Long story that involved a reinstalation of the software and it was passable but my data logs showed it was still not happy and was trying to adjust richer. Pulled the plugs this morning and you can see why... one is lean. 10 microns Greg, not 100.

I have Dr's appointments all day today, so tomorrow I'm off to Dr. Injector to clean and confirm balance flow in all four, and a 10 MICRON filter is on its way. I'm hoping this will solve the issue and I can reschedule dyno time in a week or so...

If you all ever decide to go EFI, I'll be able to tell you what NOT to do... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA