which wheels fit the 300zx front calipers

Tires and rims is always coming up. Discuss these item here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: which wheels fit the 300zx front calipers

Post by pebbles »

msampsel wrote:
pebbles wrote:15X7 +15 VTO classic eight custom drilled, custom offset prior to drilling.
I did have to taper the inner end of the bore a bit to clear the hub.
There is At least .500" clearance to the 300zx tt caliper.
195/55/15
Is this the same roadster which stared in the horror show "The Fly"? :wink:
:smt005 thats good!
:smt017 no thats bad,,,

David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

punkzdriver wrote:Alvin,
The 7" wide wheels with +12 offset are the "big cap" ones and clear both the hub and caliper. They were pushed out too far and wouldve rubbed the outer fender. Im also on Mike Young Springs with the ES bump stops. All fresh. These wheels I put on the rear with a 5mm spacer where they fit plenty fine. Im going to add another 5mm spacer too to push them further out. My rear axle is a much narrower track than the front. My friend who was working on the car thinks it is not a stock rear. Part of his reason is because the rear brakes appear to be "upside down" with the brake cylinders and adjusters seeming to be inverted. We tried swapping the axles from drivers to passengers side, but then they do not line up correctly.

The 6" wide wheels with the +25 offset are now up front. These are also the "big cap" ones. I have these on with a 5mm spacer right now as well. They fit this way, and the stance is in my eyes "corrected" as the rear stance is now close to being as wide as the front, which is how I feel a RWD car should be. Its also why I want to add another 5mm spacer to the rear. Before, the distance between my front two wheels was far greater than between the rears. To add even more confusion to the mix, the box that these fronts came in said 15x6.5. I never checked the paperwork so who knows what the heck I have. So the mystery of what fits continues.

I will try to get pics over the weekend.
Waiting for pictures! Regarding front/rear track: The roadster has a significantly wider front track than rear track, by design. I'm positive you can't change that with just tire/wheels. The rear body physically limits matching the front track.

I know this doesn't help clarify things, but I think even the "big cap" wheels may need to have the bore enlarged to clear the hub or vice versa. This could solve your front clearance problem (fender lip clearance).
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
punkzdriver
Roadster Fanatic

Post by punkzdriver »

Here you go Alvin,
I took these all yesterday after a very quick wash...Im not the best at taking photos:

Waiting for the bugs to be worked out...
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Looks good, what is wrong?
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram