Hoped it wouldn't get to this.....

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

alp
Roadster Fanatic

Hoped it wouldn't get to this.....

Post by alp »

Quite a while ago I purchased a set of NOS doors off of eBay. The seller is on this list ( kning79 ). After numerous emails regarding shipping (Eats to West coasts) I received a price to deliver to Washington State. This took months to finally get done. The seller was pretty good about getting back to me regularly. I didn't put too much stress on the guy to speed things up as I wasn't in any hurry to get these parts. Speed ahead to the present. After 6 plus months of emails and getting nothing back the seller has turned into somewhat of a flake (being nice here). No responses, no return of emails, nothing. This has obviously gone way overboard time wise which is my own fault also. The monies have been paid when they should have been but nothing ever appeared from this guy. I have received a few emails from other members who warned me about previous dealings with this seller. I won't comment on who they are (that is up to them). I am just writing this to warn others not to do business with this seller. His username is nking79 and his name is Nathan King (nathankingdesign.com). If he reads this a finally does decide that he should do the right thing and send me my parts then I have no problem with amending my post. If I look at his performance I highly doubt anything will come of this. The total value is around $250-275 so not a lot of money but it is still the principle of the whole thing. I sent him an email regarding getting the doors or just refunding the monies no harm done. Still nothing. Thanks for the space.
brianbot5000

Post by brianbot5000 »

I assumed you emailed ebay about this, and started a fraud alert (or whatever they call it) on their site? If not, you should asap.

Crappy situation. Good luck!
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

There was different issues that delayed getting shipping prices then getting them sent out so the deadline with eBay passed. I posted to this board back then if anybody knew this guy and was told he was a member on here. That eased some tension I had about the seller not responding very quickly to email requests. It only got worse later on. Now nothing.
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

months later more promises and again no deliveries!
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

still nothing but empty silence..........
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

Hey Nathan has DHL showed up yet? Shit, they are lousy at picking up boxes for shipping aren't they......
ellebycul
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Hoped it wouldn't get to this.....

Post by ellebycul »

FYI - I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years. The one thing I have learned is how many scum bags there are in this world.

Advice: ALWAYS file a complaint early and let the buyer/seller know you are doing so not because you dont trust them but because you are running out of time and protecting yourself.
After a certain amount of time goes by <60 days i think> you can no longer file a complaint. This is what they want and why they keep up with emails.

Also, ask for a phone number or request one from ebay, if the number doesnt exist the dimming light in your head should then glare like a lighthouse and you should file immediately.

Don be Mr/Miss nice guy/gal. You know what they say, nice guys finish last (and most are broke)

K
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

The guy is on our site! I have his contact info but he just doesn't do anything to finish this off. He has been paid in full including the shipping. There was also a guy or two who personally know him and have mentioned that I am posting about his actions towards a fellow board member but he still chooses to be a dirtbag about whole situation. I have wasted enough money and time calling him to hear the same shit. He is a loser and will continue to be one in my (and some others who have PM me) book. What astounds me is that others still stand up for the shithead. If he is what they report then he should of taken care of this sometime ago either with the doors or at least a refund of all the monies. I have sent numerous emails regarding this but he won't take the finger out of his ass unless he wants to smell it!
ellebycul
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by ellebycul »

You could call the local police or email them with a copy of the reciept, cancelled check or copy PayPal . I had to do that once and all they did was show up, inquire and bingo! I had my money back that night.
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

usually a member of a group shouldn't have these problems. As a group they would either gang up on the individual till they came through with the deal or at the very least banish them from the site. The admin. wanted me to delete the post at one time but I said no because the seller hadn't cleared the problem up so it should stay posted as a warning to those who may want to do business with the guy.
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

Listen, I am not trying to cover up for a dirt bag and never have. I had hoped that there was a good reason that you had not received your goods. Obviously there is not. When he popped back up a few months ago I asked him to please fulfill his obligation to you and that his credibility was in question. He promised that he had every intention to do just that. I see that has not happened. I have actually banned him from the site informing him of why and you have every right to be pissed.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to cover up for him. I appreciate the help that I have gotten trying to finalize this. Alp