1967 Boomerang Resto-Mod - Utah

Here can put pictures and write-ups about your roadster or other vehicles.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

UTBirdMan
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: 1967 Boomerang Resto-Mod - Utah

Post by UTBirdMan »

A day or two after getting the body off, I was able to get the rear end off without much drama. I also ordered a new wiring harness kit, it looks solid. All that was left was the engine, and as there was no body, it looked pretty straightforward. I had a stand, but no hoist. A quick search in online classifieds found one near me for $20 a day. Turns out the owner of it has a '72 Datsun 510 that he is putting in a red-top SR20DET, we connected, he didn't charge. Life is good.

This morning I had two of my sons help with the engine removal. There were no hoist brackets on the engine, so we carefully wrapped a ratchet strap cable around areas where there was plenty of leverage. The leveling tool that came with the jack was helpful. After removing the bolts holding the engine mounts and suspension mount, the engine lifted right off. The suspension was able to be removed without much drama, and with a quick internet search, I found a hack that made quick work of the flywheel. The flywheel does have a fair amount of rust, I'll have to address that before putting it all back. The engine mounted on the stand, again without any drama.

I am now at the point where I can start to clean things up and put things back. There isn't much left to tear down anymore. Photos below.
Rear End Almost Off.jpg
Rear End Off.jpg
New Wiring.jpg
Engine on Hoist.jpg
Rusty Flywheel.jpg
On Stand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1967 SPL311 Boomerang Resto-Mod in Progress
3x 1981 Honda C70 SuperCubs
2008 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
New-ish cars not worth mentioning
Stick
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: 1967 Boomerang Resto-Mod - Utah

Post by Stick »

Lookin Good!
Greg McCarty