Ending an Ebay Auction

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Russell Roach

Ending an Ebay Auction

Post by Russell Roach »

Guy's

I need some help I have found a local guy that wants to purchase my 1600 Independent of ebay. I really like this guy and would rather sell to a local buyer.

Does anyone know if there is a recommended way to stop a ebay auction after the reserve is met but the auction hasn't ended. I could use the help. Really perplexed here.

Russell
millertime

ending Auction

Post by millertime »

You can end Your Ebay auction by canceling it. Not sure exactly how but try a seaech on the Ebay Site map. The only thing so no Ill Will feelings are Generated I would E-mail the bidders with an exp[lanation. Since you Canceled it They cannot leave Neg. Feedback. Just as a side note

Hope this helps.
Im at a remote location Atm but when I get home tonight I can leave more accurate Information.

Derek
Duncan

Re: Ending an Ebay Auction

Post by Duncan »

Russell Roach wrote:Does anyone know if there is a recommended way to stop a ebay auction after the reserve is met but the auction hasn't ended. I could use the help. Really perplexed here.
You have to cancel each bid. Once the bids are cancelled, you can end the auction. If you go to your auction, there should be a help section on there somewhere and it explains how to do it.

I've done it once or twice, and ebay will ask you to provide a reason why the auction was cancelled. I just select "item is no longer available" and that will be that. Since they've made the feedback item specific these days, there's no worry about negative feedback. Ebay still gets their listing fees, though.
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Make him (or anyone you know as a favor) make the last winning bid and cancel the bid.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!