Pierce manifold/ Mikuni Solex carb linkage

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Pierce manifold/ Mikuni Solex carb linkage

Post by Gregs672000 »

Not to hijack this thread, but after thinking about linkage and all that goes into it, one of the things I did today was to check balance on the throttle bodies. I've had to make my own mods to various linkage parts to adapt the Jenvey's, but I really hadn't tested it fully... anyway, I've had no problem getting them to balance at idle, but today when I decided to check balance at 2500-2800 rpms (gotta love the hand throttle these cars came with) I found the front TB was flowing at an 8.5, while the rear was at 9.5-10...uh oh! That's bad enough with a carburetor, but imagine what it does to the data when a computer is trying to tune itself in order to select the proper injector pulse for all 4 injectors on an engine that's flowing different amounts of air into it but reading from one mutual oxygen sensor...(whew!) So, thank you for starting this thread as it lead to me making adjustments to my own car! It's also a testimony for why I love the snail style flow meter... you can hold it tight over the throat and not interrupt airflow at any rpm and really see what's happening... can't do that with a unisyn. Long story short, I was able to adjust things so it flows equally now everywhere, the engine is smoother and the computer should get much better data next drive.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA