This sounds interesting

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Duncan

This sounds interesting

Post by Duncan »

Found this locally. I left a message for the seller. I want to go take a look at this one..

Description — $4,500, 1967 datsun spl311 roadster buick 231 v-6,350 turbo at trans,b&m shifter,holley 4 barrel daul pump,mallory dist.,american racing wheels and new paint.Vary fast exc.condition, e-mail me for pic VIN: spl31115182 ...

I'm not terribly thrilled about the auto trans, but the power plant sounds interesting, and the price seems somewhat reasonable.

Post by Guest »

Telly?
Okay...
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The seller e-mailed me some pics. Check out the cool rims and how well they fit.

I would imagine having the car raised that high to clear the tires improves the ride and handling, also :)
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

OK, so the wheels make it look like a bad hot wheel.... Look at the plusses. The engine is fitted with no torching of the hood. The rear fenders are uncut. You could put reasonable wheels and tires on it, lower it back to stock (or lower) and it would be a hoot!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

But doesn't it get better gas mileage since it's always going downhill? :lol: :roll:
Bucky
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

spl310 wrote:Look at the plusses. The engine is fitted with no torching of the hood. The rear fenders are uncut. You could put reasonable wheels and tires on it, lower it back to stock (or lower) and it would be a hoot!
I just saw the wheels and laughed! I will call the guy and see if he has the stock rims or whatever was on it when he got it.

Having shoehorned a few motors into places where they didn't belong, I'm more concerned about motor mounts, steering modifications, brakes, driveline angles, and some other things. Those wheels wouldn't necessarily deter me from buying the car if the driveline swap was done nicely.

I just thought it was funny because I have never seen a Datsun roadster jacked-up like that. It reminded me of the 70's when everyone had Crager SS rims and L60-15's on the back of their Camaros and Mustangs.

I'll probably go take a look at this car in the next day or two.
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

uh... right

Post by SLOroadster »

Right, Uh yeah. thats it. Have just one question on the wheels. WHY?

Just a thought.
Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!

Post by Guest »

'cause they came with the airshocks and shackles :D
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Duncan,

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that remembers the "gotta jack it up and get some Cragar's and some L-60's craze. It seems like few people remember that era down here. I am kind of glad that it is gone, but occasionally get a little nostalgic about it. I still think that the Chevy Nova looks stupid unless it has had the Cragar treatment.

Of course, the roller skate thing where folks had tiny but wide wires sticking WAY out of their fenders always annoyed me. At least the Ricers have the wheels right - now about those sometimes hideous ground effects....

I agree about the mounts and such. There are some real butchers out there. Let us know what happens!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...

Post by Guest »

When the the tires stick out of the wheel well like that we call them "doggied". We always joked about whom the typical person was that did that (think wire wheels ay!) and said they needed to do it to wash the windshield. Yes it's a bad joke but somebody had to say it.