Thermostat Housing Stud Size?

Since the old single thread was getting too long again. Creating a new forum where you can ask your questions and if you get them answered -please indicate the issue was resolved or not.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Trav
Roadster Fanatic

Thermostat Housing Stud Size?

Post by Trav »

I'm looking for the stud size for the thermostat housing on my 1970 R16. I know couple vendors have them online, but it I'm hoping to find something local within the next few days. Didn't see this info on the Tech Wiki. Thanks!
1970 1600

Roadster Album
Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Thermostat Housing Stud Size?

Post by Curtis »

The studs I removed from a metric 1600 head thermostat tower are M8-1.25. If you're desperate you can use bolts. Because of the tendency for the studs to be rusty and make it difficult or impossible to get it off I made stainless steel studs and put a rather liberal amount of anti seize on them.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
Trav
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Thermostat Housing Stud Size?

Post by Trav »

Curtis wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:11 pm The studs I removed from a metric 1600 head thermostat tower are M8-1.25. If you're desperate you can use bolts. Because of the tendency for the studs to be rusty and make it difficult or impossible to get it off I made stainless steel studs and put a rather liberal amount of anti seize on them.

Perfect. Thanks!
1970 1600

Roadster Album