DELETED

Underhood coating question

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Undercoating

Post by SLOroadster »

I repainted a hood for a friend and stripped the stuff off, and repainted it to match the top of the hood. It does look bad when it starts to peel.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Underhood Coating ?

Post by S Allen »

Alvin,

Who knows what mix Datsun used for their undercoating back then. It is tough stuff to take off but the eastwood company makes a stripper especially for removing under coating. When I did my frame off on the 67.5 stroker I had the body tub lying on its side in the front yard. I used a putty knife and the heat from a torch to scrape the stuff off. It took me days and I had blisters on every inch of both hands. If you want to remove it try the eastwood stuff. They make some excellent products. You could either paint it(my choice), apply some rubberized spray under coating or cut and fit a piece of something like Dyna-mat to put in there. My three cents on this one. :lol:

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Springs

Post by SLOroadster »

Alvin,
Bug Dan for some, the red car has them. I will post pictures of my car with the NISSAN comp springs, then another with the custom springs as soon as I get around to doing it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Post by Guest »

You know what roadster could really use a set of those springs?

Post by Guest »

Andrew Murphy's, HA!