Are there motor mounts available for this swap ???

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

dmkberger
Roadster Newby
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Are there motor mounts available for this swap ???

Post by dmkberger »

Hello to all of the Datsun guys that know more about the current engine swap I am doing on my wife's car, a 1968 Datsun Fairlady with the 2000 engine and five speed transmission.
This car was sitting for a decade or more under an oak tree and the tree dropped a large branch on the passenger side front fender and the hood, I've replaced the hood and will do the necessary body work to fix the fender.
I've picked up a 1992 Nissan KA24DE and its five-speed transmission and want to know if there are motor mounts that are a relative bolt in style? I've seen a car of the same year as mine, but it was a 1600 and is now sporting a KA24DE and it has the engine already installed with over the counter motor mounts that require very little in the way of fabrication to get it in, Anyone know of a set of mounts that would accommodate this engine swap in my particular model car????
Help an old guy out and put another Datsun on the road again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Are there motor mounts available for this swap ???

Post by datsun65 »

Though someone made a kit about 15-20 years ago, they were short lived & long gone.

Unfortunately, best best is to measure & fabricate yourself.
Dan
Houston, TX
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Are there motor mounts available for this swap ???

Post by Gregs672000 »

No offense to your desire to do a swap, but you could just build a nice U20 for it and not have to mess with anything like that!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA