Datsunparts.com customer service

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

funkaholik
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Datsunparts.com customer service

Post by funkaholik »

I want to give a big thank you to Dean at DatsunParts.com. I placed an order with him, and he called to say that one of the big parts was out of stock, and that he hasn't heard back from the manufacturer in a while. When I told him I was hoping to have it for Solvang, he got ahold of them and got them to drop ship it directly to me. That is above and beyond customer service. He really went the extra mile for me and I appreciate it immensely.

Dean seems to be a polarizing figure in our hobby, but then again it seems like there's a lot of ill will about quite a few vendors / service providers in our little roadster world. If you mention Mike Young or Dave Rebello, somebody somewhere has something shitty to say about them. It's really unfortunate, because I don't see that in other car model specific circles like I do here. All three of the names I mentioned have been nothing but helpful and supportive to me. Everybody has their good and bad days. Maybe we should remember that we can all be assholes and heroes sometimes, and try to focus on our common love for roadsters instead of our differences.

Thanks again, Dean.

-- end of rant.
Erik Miller
Concord, CA
1970 Datsun SPL311-29945, owned since '95. Back on the road in 2022!
1967 Mustang, 428, 5 speed
1981 VW Rabbit Truck, 1.6 turbo diesel
...Oh, and a daily driver.
viewtopic.php?t=19067
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Datsunparts.com customer service

Post by Gregs672000 »

Couldn't agree more Erik.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
TobyMan
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Datsunparts.com customer service

Post by TobyMan »

👍Been getting parts from Dean and others for years, including Dann at Rallye. Sometimes quicker than other times. They have always been a great group of people, even through all of life's changes along the way.
Wilson, NY
1968 1600