1967 RL411 Sleeper Wagon

Z car, 210, 510, 521, 621,721 pickups and any thing in between.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

1967 RL411 Sleeper Wagon

Post by Alvin »

A 240Z owner at the shop also owns a few Nissan Patrols and this cherry Bluebird wagon. I was really intrigued with the R16's induction and airbox.

The R16 has been stroked to 2L, and he used CAD to design and then weld up the exhaust manifold that still exits out the fender!

The whole drivetrain and engine bay look really sharp. Induction is in the form of dual Mikuni flatslides with a 3D-printed airbox:

The 411's dash has always been a favorite of mine and Greg's looked a bit different. Turns out he used CAD to make a custom panel:
I asked Greg to fill me in on his custom gauge cluster work:

"The stock gauge cluster didn't come with a tach. When I put the 4 speed in it I thought that would be a nice addition. Also neither the temp gauge nor the fuel gauge worked. The gauges out of the early roadsters are beautiful so I was originally intrigued with them. They are expensive if you can find them and the diameter is too large to fit nicely in the stock cluster housing. I ran across a few images of this sss cluster in a car but it appeared to also have a larger cluster housing. Both seemed impossible to source. The new electronic tachs and speedos are way easier to get working than fussing with MSD tach adapters or speedo gears etc. If you look at the CAD image you can see that I gutted the original speedo housing and added the toothed wheel and sensor to it. It's driven from the stock cable running to the transmission. I was also able to repurpose the stock wiring plug so the whole mess plugs into the original wiring harness exactly as the original unit."
The elusive SSS unit:

You can see more pics and read about Greg's build on the blog here:
https://www.zcarblog.com/2021/11/23/per ... -240z.html
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: 1967 RL411 Sleeper Wagon

Post by Gregs672000 »

Wow, what a nice job. The engineering is great. Just getting carb linkage together like that is a challenge, let alone all the other stuff!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA