My Roadster history

Since the old single thread was getting too long again. Creating a new forum where you can ask your questions and if you get them answered -please indicate the issue was resolved or not.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

awbovee
Roadster Newby

My Roadster history

Post by awbovee »

I have the VIN for two Roadsters for which I would like to trace their history. Can I do that on this website? I also have the license plate number (only) for a 67 that I sold in 1973. Is there a way to research where that car might be now?

Can you send any info to my email, awbovee@gmail.com ?
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: My Roadster history

Post by datsun65 »

Dan
Houston, TX
68DSU
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by 68DSU »

I think it is worthwhile to all of us to document our car's history. I mean write it down for someone in the future. Be specific and put down dates and names where you know them.

soapbox bit to follow:

I have, for some reason, found lots of free time at home lately. I'm involved with a small museum and have taken the opportunity to catalog some "stuff" found in boxes in the storage area. All too often, I come across things that would be just a bit better if I knew who and what the story is. Sometimes they are things like a 1920's Photo with notes on the back that say, "Bill, and Tom outside Ben's garage." Lots of missing information there. We found a small homemade cannon with a note attached that said it was used "by a kid" to blow open the doors of his high school. Give me just a little more info, please.

Take some time and write down a history of your car. Where it has been, some of the things it has seen, and maybe tell the tale of the replaced fender. As they get older, it will increase their historic and monetary value.
Rick
Constantly working on the Datsun whenever I get around to it.

1968 SPL 311
1987 Toyota MR2 T-top (don't hate, wife's car)
2014 Ford Mustang convertible
SPF 50
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by theunz »

That is a really good suggestion Rick. Provenance is very desirable in the collector car world. The succession of ownership, the events the vehicle has participated in, the accolades bestowed upon it, and of course the maintenance records will very much enhance the desirability of the car. Just as important though, especially when passed on to family members is it’s journey through life with you and your family.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!