Interior Space for a 6FTer

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Vince_B

Interior Space for a 6FTer

Post by Vince_B »

I'm looking at buying a 66 roadster through Ebay. I'm wondering if I'd have any trouble fitting into the drivers seat? I don't have any trouble fitting into a Miata but the words "low windsheild" scare me.

Thanks
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

low windshield

Post by SLOroadster »

I'm 6 foot, and I fit in a low windshield car. However, the position I drive in forces me to stretch a little bit to see over the windshield, or slouch a little to see under. As it is, I look through the top 3 inches of my tall windshield. Besides the low windshield looks better. If you really like the car you will find a way to fit. (I have a friend who is 6'4" that drives a 67.5 2000, he fits with the top up.)

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
TR

Post by TR »

I'm 6-1 and drive a low windshield car, I moved the seats back, but that is because I like to slouch a bit...

If your legs and torso are proportionate for a 6' person, you should have no problem when the top is down or off. I feel a bit trapped with a top on...

Good luck with the bidding! TR
dat68s
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Tall people!!!

Post by dat68s »

Hey there,

There is another post with a lot of info... and some fun regarding this, but for the record again... I am 6'4" in the US, and nearly 195cm here in Metric land down-under and I have no real issues without any seat mods. The only thing that I notice is sometimes (if the roof is on, very rare) you have to lean forward a bit a traffic lights to see (if they are close) otherwise there are no real issues!

Go for the low-windscreen, go for the high... either way you will love the ride!

Stuart