Hello from Lake Arrowhead CA

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jr02518
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Hello from Lake Arrowhead CA

Post by jr02518 »

Funny thing about cars you make a comment about, 25 'ish years ago, they might follow you home. Some day. This is one of those stories. As long as I have know about this car it has lived in a garage and only driven on days that could be called, dry. The owner had purchased the car in 1977 and spent time in Santa Barbara while she went to school. Currently showing 133,500 miles, "Teddy" was not going to Montana with her owner on the escape from California. Up to two years ago the car did see some milage, pushing it out of the garage and on to a trailer begins the next chapter for this car.

Getting the car running was the first job. That completed, I have started in on the oil leaks. But to back up, it runs like a 1970 smog motor that needs to be cleaned and tuned to an earlier spec. So, I will be resurrecting the car as a driver. The frozen smog pump is in a box, along with the rest of the smog equipment. I have removed the air injectors at the head and installed the kit from Dean's parts. Yes, I know the distributor cam from an earlier car is going to be needed to make the timing/advance work, it's always something.

That starts with fixing the oil leaks.

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.