He didn't drive a Datsun, he just drove.

A place to pay tribute to fallen folks

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

JagerTex
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

He didn't drive a Datsun, he just drove.

Post by JagerTex »

Hey all, my apologies in advance if this is a little off topic for our forum, but Irv Gordon's dedication to cars, driving, and preserving a piece of automotive history (all while moving the boundary of "possible" literally more than 16-light-seconds: 3,000,000+ miles).

I did not know him personally, but first heard of him in my early years. In part, I blame him for my fascination with cars, engineering, and acceptance (even encouragement) of some borderline obsessive behavior (the kind many of us old car nuts can probably relate to :lol: )

Mr. Gordon passed on Thursday at 78. He put over 3 million miles down with his Volvo 1800s (always loved the P1800 wagons personally). He had some great stories along the journey and if you haven't heard of him before, I highly suggest you check him out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... -at-78.amp
redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: He didn't drive a Datsun, he just drove.

Post by redroadster »

I worked at a KC Volvo dealer next to the Datsun dealership I worked at .In 89-90 This guy came in with that red P1800
one day needing a part ,think a water pumP or gasket ,hose , i remember him saying he would sell it back to volvo . wonder how many photos he took of his travels
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster