Thoughts on Drive-in Night?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Sloloco

Thoughts on Drive-in Night?

Post by Sloloco »

Hello Everyone,
As many know, I am located here on the Central Coast (65mi. North of Solvang). The idea I had was doing a little Roadster @ the Drive-in night for those of you traveling down the coast to Solvang for the show (2004). We have one of the last 200 Drive-ins here in San Luis Obispo. We could meet downtown for dinner then take a "cruise" threw town ending up at the Drive-in. I would love to organize this, as I'm sure many travel down the coast a day early for the show anyhow. I can get great rates at local hotels with my connections and it's a really nice place to stay over for the night! (not that Solvang isn’t “cute� but being a college town we have more night life) If anyone might be interested please post and let me know.
8)
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Cool...

A short cruz down old "Route 66" would be cool. Just like the song.

ah.. nastalgia!!! 8)
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Drive-in Gathering

Post by S Allen »

Well, count me in as I will make Solvang next year. I missed all of the roadster events this year. :cry:

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
roadsterdude

Post by roadsterdude »

Thats a great idea..

I have been toying with the idea of organizing a drive in get together here in the bay area...

But I cant even get a fun run going so Im holding off..maybe someone more popular can get it organize...

Anyways , count me in on the solvang drive in..
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Drive Ins and Fun Runs

Post by SLOroadster »

Lance,
Lets try to set up a run and a drive in before the weather gets bad here. We could do a fun run to Creston for lunch then do a drive in later. Lets put this thing together!

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Sloloco

Post by Sloloco »

Hey Will,
My car is so far apart now, I'm hoping it's back in one piece before Solvang! So, if we do a cruise before that it will be with me in the flatbed!I just need to figure what to do with the motor now (I have the interior,fuel and wiring figured out). :wink:
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Get me info

Post by Ldino21 »

Will

Get me as much info as you can before January and I can try to incorporate it in with the Registration forms for Solvang this year!!

If you had it on Thursday night that would be wonderful, but Friday would be alright just most of the organizers might not be able to make it.

The main organizers Kerry and I usually stay at Pismo Beach on Thursday night and then drive up to Solvang on Friday to set up for the show, if maybe we could incorpoarte a run Friday night that ends at the Drive-In that might not be bad, is there anything closer to Solvang.

We are always open to anyones ideas on how to make Solvang a better more enjoyable experience.

Lou Smaldino
FresnoDROC
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Drive in

Post by SLOroadster »

Lou,
What do you need to know? I will talk to you this weekend (I hope) I also need directions to the meeting place on Sat. I'm not sure if I will drive over Friday night or early Saturday morning. If I come over on Friday, I need directions from Visalia, or on Sat from 41 east.
See ya,
Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!