Oh heatercore!

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Sloloco

Oh heatercore!

Post by Sloloco »

Hello All,
Here I am off of work (medical leave) having nothing to do but work on my car, tough life I know! While gutting the interior I found that the heater core had been bypassed thus not working. My question having said that is; has anyone cross bread a more modern heating and fan set-up into one of these cars? I am already redoing all the wiring for the car so I figured why not get crazy custom and update the heater while I'm at it. Any ideas would be great! p.s I found what I believe to be a stock speaker (3w./8ohm!)under the dash if anyone might be interested in it for a 100pt. resto.
:mrgreen:
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Heater Core

Post by S Allen »

I looked into to doing something like that. JC Whitless has some bolt in heaters but they just did not look like they would fit and blend in with the interior. I say repair the stock heater. When they are working properly they provide plenty of heat for a topless car. :roll: You can most likely have the heater core repaired at a local radiator shop if it comes to that. I do not think they are still available from Nissan but I could be wrong. It would not be the first time and definitely not the last.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
TR

Heater Cores...

Post by TR »

Hello,

I (of course) have a couple stock heaters available...

I have been thinking of fitting a modern style heater core into the stock plenum. An all aluminum unit of similar size is readily available at junk yards...

I have not begun the search, or thought more of it than the above, though...TR