Z car, 210, 510, 521, 621,721 pickups and any thing in between.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

How much would a 510 (4door) with minimal rust not running be worth? I know that something is only worth what you are willing to pay for it but still.... how much is it worth?!
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

good luck getting a fixer up 510 cheap. 510s are becoming pricy! There is a junker on ebay for 300 or so..
TR

Post by TR »

Hard to say without seeing it, but probably a grand or so. Maybe more in your parts with minimal rust...

Post by Guest »

why i ask?? down the street around a few corners and up the street a little and their is a old 4dr sittin there.... i think i should stop and ask bout it, if i can get it cheap set it behind my g-fathers house for a later project.... i should put my U20 and 5spd in it and get a ka24 or sumthing in my car
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I found 2 510s here in Napa for $1000 for the pair, one is tired, the other could be a driver with an afternoons worth of work. The ugly one has an L18 with a SSS head, the other better one has an L20b, but needs a diff. A friend is trying to pick them up.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
datsunfreak

Re: 510

Post by datsunfreak »

Import_sounds-of-mid-GA wrote:How much would a 510 (4door) with minimal rust not running be worth?
4dr's are parts cars. :wink:

Just kidding (sort of), but 510s are great cars. 4dr's are better for those under 6ft tall, though. If that matters to you...

I've had 11 so far, only one 4dr. 8)
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Any truth to the rumor that 4drs handle better than 2 drs? The theory was that they were stiffer, but I'd think they would be a little heavier as well.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
datsunfreak

Post by datsunfreak »

JoeK wrote:Any truth to the rumor that 4drs handle better than 2 drs?
No, that's an urban legend started by 4dr owners with an inferiority complex... 8)
The theory was that they were stiffer, but I'd think they would be a little heavier as well.

In truth they are about 20 pounds heavier. In theory they'd be potentially stiffer in a roll-over, but not on a race track. When you are talking about ultimate grip, think about the fact that that door will move around in it's hole as the car flexes. You want one door squirming or two? :wink:

Since the B-pillar on a 4dr has the potential to flex also, whereas it doesn't on a 2dr, the flawed logic of the "stiff 4dr" is apparent.

510s are still cool as hell though, so go buy it!!!