Munxcub SPL310 Restore with 1600 engine

Here can put pictures and write-ups about your roadster or other vehicles.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Munxcub
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Munxcub SPL310 Restore with 1600 engine

Post by Munxcub »

Well we're a bit off my schedule that I had set, as we have purchased a Triumph TR6 that just needs a quick flip. (a little body work, paint and interior, all the mechanicals are sorted). This will go quite a ways in financing the finishing of my roadster and my dad's GT6.
-Chris
SPL310-03515
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

Munxcub wrote:a Triumph TR6 that just needs a quick flip. (a little body work, paint and interior, all the mechanicals are sorted)...

Ahh ha ha ha ha... famous last words!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Munxcub
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Munxcub »

Gregs672000 wrote:
Munxcub wrote:a Triumph TR6 that just needs a quick flip. (a little body work, paint and interior, all the mechanicals are sorted)...

Ahh ha ha ha ha... famous last words!
No really! (haha I know... but it was a crazy good deal.)
-Chris
SPL310-03515
Munxcub
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Munxcub »

We should have the TR6 back from the grown-ups who are replacing the sills for us. It's a sweet new hot rod, custom fab/body work shop that just opened in town. They are pretty interested in my Roadster as well so looks like I'll have some good go to guys in town to help me out with rear end mods (LSD), brake mount mods, etc, etc...

The plan is to get the SR20DET engine, tranny, etc this summer so we're not hauling it 600km at -30. The TR6 will be done late fall/winter sometime and be ready for selling next spring/early summer (unless my dad wants to keep it which is likely... haha)

Once the TR6 is done the roadster is next. I'm cutting my welding/fabricating teeth on a reverse flow smoker I'm making out of an old air compressor tank. Then I'll start working on the rotisserie so I can get the body off and get to work on stripping the frame down.

Someone suggested I get the frame galvanized instead of powder coating so it protects the inside as well, sounds like a good idea to me but what are some downfalls/warnings I should know about?
-Chris
SPL310-03515
Munxcub
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Munxcub »

I had the day off yesterday, so after spending most of the day running errands, I found a few hours to start fabricating the rotisserie. Once I figure out the casters I'll use I can get them mounted up. I have the top tube welded to the upright for the second stand. Making the subframes that mount to the body I think will be the bigger pain in the butt.

-Chris
SPL310-03515