Another eBay buyer warning - wdatsun72/wirdan.arifin

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

67_1600
Site Supporter

Another eBay buyer warning - wdatsun72/wirdan.arifin

Post by 67_1600 »

Sorry for the cut and paste from ratsun, but I know a lot of members here sell on eBay like I do and wanted to get this out there just in case...

I recently sold a couple of items to this guy and last night received chargeback notices saying the transactions were made without authorization to use the credit card given. At the time he purchased from me, his eBay username was 'wirdan.arifin' and it was changed to 'wdatsun72' on 03/05/2013. His more recent feedback as a buyer goes back to 01/22/2013 and it looks like he made several purchases with most (if not all) relating to a Datsun truck.

I think I should be covered with my transactions since I shipped to the confirmed address in PayPal, used delivery confirmation and he left me positive feedback but I wanted to make everyone else aware just in case you get a bid or purchase from him.
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Another eBay buyer warning - wdatsun72/wirdan.arifin

Post by dbrick »

If paypal fails, although they are usually very good, contact his local police department. I had to do this once, local police in North Carolina were eager to help. Turned out to be an honest mistake on buyers part, but this sounds like it was intentional.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
67_1600
Site Supporter

Re: Another eBay buyer warning - wdatsun72/wirdan.arifin

Post by 67_1600 »

I tried sending the buyer a message via eBay to see if maybe it was just an honest mistake but he never replied. I ended up sending my evidence in on Sunday and received emails that PayPal was going to cover the transactions.