Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

SR20DET Swap Part 3

Post by S Allen »

Travis Rowe just provided me with installment #3 of his SR20DET install into his 66 Roadster. You can read it by going here http://www.311s.org/tech/engine/sr20det3.html She is running strong. Thanks for sharing Travis.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Nice job

Post by SLOroadster »

Travis,
Nice job, I hope to see you at Shasta next week. The NISMO springs will take a little while to settle. At Solvang, I had the tail tragger thing going, now the car sits correctly.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Whew!!

I understand why the LSD is on the backburner. :shock:
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
TR

Post by TR »

Will-I do hope to make it and meet you there. I am thinking of driving up on Friday, leaving the SF area in the morning. When are you leaving?

I would like the springs to settle a bit, the front is still higher than I would like...

Minh-It has been a lot of work and a bit of cash, I would love to have a LSD, but it will have to wait for a long time...I will get those seats from you, it is too bad that I have not gotten them before the drive to Shasta, I am going to get beat up in the seats I have...

Steve-Thanks for the congrats and for posting the write up. After I get further along, I may provide a more detailed report on the modifications...

TR
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Shasta

Post by SLOroadster »

Travis,
I will be at Shasta, I hope I will have the "rad 2 liter" with me. It is making some strange noises that I am a little worried about. I will see if I can eliminate the gremlin(s). If the car makes it, I will be racing the autoX. I will be heading up from here tomorrow some time, and staying the night in Napa. From Napa I will be caravaning up with Mike Young (driving) and Dan Philbin (trailering) We should see about setting up a meeting point Friday (with anyone else from the Bay Area who is heading up Friday as well.).

See Ya Friday ir Sat.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
TR

Post by TR »

Hey Will,

Where and When in Napa? I will most likely be in a two car caravan and we could meet you guys.

Anyone else interested?

TR
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

I will be attending this Saturday as a day trip. My buddy and I will driving up in either my Toyota Pickup or 4Runner.

I will be without my Roadster this year; not altogether yet. Hopefully next year.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!