For the racers out there!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jake7140
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival - Sept 7-9, 2012

Post by jake7140 »

Come out and enjoy the the great Wisconsin fall weather, fine cars, close racing and the usual Elkhart Lake party atmosphere. This year's event will feature at least 15 Datsuns (so far) incl. 2 Roadsters and 6 510s among the rest, the Trans Am 2.5 Challenge (Datsun vs Alfa),the featured guest, Augie Pabst, and more.

I'll be there givin' it another shot in my Bob Sharp tribute 1600 roadster sporting some truly vintage hardware backed up by a roadster legend or two. All the info can be found here. The full schedule can be viewed here.

It's time to get that almost last brat of the season and commit the sights, sounds and smells of vintage racing to memory to keep the car dreams brewing all winter! (for us nawtheners) If you come, be sure to look me up, stop in and say Hi. Gloves and wrenches optional.
Steve
67.5 1600 racer
68 1600
70 SPL 2L 5spd in resto process
66 frame & shell
Shelves of parts
06 Infiniti M35
60 BMW R60/2
65 Harley Davidson Topper AH
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Re: VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival - Sept 7-9, 2012

Post by SLOroadster »

Good luck. Hopefully some of the east coast people will come out and watch/ support you.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
tjp
Site Supporter

Re: VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival - Sept 7-9, 2012

Post by tjp »

SLOroadster wrote:Good luck. Hopefully some of the east coast people will come out and watch/ support you.

Will
Hell, if anyone comes from the right coast I'll make an effort to go despite (not having a running Datto and) being up in the twin cities area the week before and not wanting to travel anymore after!
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?