ACOTE's 68 2000

Here can put pictures and write-ups about your roadster or other vehicles.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: ACOTE's 68 2000

Post by notoptoy »

Congrats on the repairs, I love a lot of little victories.
Drive on!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
ACote
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by ACote »

Today I ordered the rear axle seals, SU to air cleaner gaskets, and a set of insulator block gaskets, since i don't have any and my carbs have a rough idle so maybe air is being sucked through there instead of the throttle shaft (it can't hurt). Also my headlights only stay on when I wiggle the wire just right. When I took it apart everything seemed normal so I just cleaned it off but no luck. So I'll be looking at it again seeing if I can fix the wiggle on the right side wire. I also need new front bump stops, has anyone used these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-F ... 1616wt_938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
s15to311
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by s15to311 »

I haven't used those, but I did buy these for mine (these are shorter than oem though, perfect if you have comp springs):

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... d=9%2E9103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are a tad cheaper and you can order other stuff and save on shipping too :)
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

ACote wrote:Today I ordered the rear axle seals, SU to air cleaner gaskets, and a set of insulator block gaskets, since i don't have any and my carbs have a rough idle so maybe air is being sucked through there instead of the throttle shaft (it can't hurt). Also my headlights only stay on when I wiggle the wire just right. When I took it apart everything seemed normal so I just cleaned it off but no luck. So I'll be looking at it again seeing if I can fix the wiggle on the right side wire. I also need new front bump stops, has anyone used these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-F ... 1616wt_938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those bump stops look like trimmed rears, pointy is gone (and strait), Fronts have a slight inboard curve to them. Havnt used them, or any for that matter. :oops:
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
ACote
Roadsteraholic

Post by ACote »

s15to311 wrote:I haven't used those, but I did buy these for mine (these are shorter than oem though, perfect if you have comp springs):

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... d=9%2E9103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are a tad cheaper and you can order other stuff and save on shipping too :)
That's what I was looking for thanks! I'm planning on Comp springs soon.
ACote
Roadsteraholic

Post by ACote »

Been driving the car a lot more since the weather has been nice. Dropped off the stock exhaust manifold to be coated today. Same finish as this https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/149641_105050619568246_100001899254599_37206_6839034_n.jpg Once I get it back I'm installing it and putting a nicer exhaust on. I plan on buying the beetle baja stinger tip ang chopping the small end off (the one you won't see) to get it a stock look. The megs mufflers only had 2 inlet going to 4" and was pretty long. The stinger seem long also but are more narrow, I emailed the guy for dimensions. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Stinger- ... 1725wt_952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Making it look nice for Shasta. I wonder how much touch up paint and minor bodywork would be. (have a big grey square where a sticker was and little bit of bubbling near drivers wheel panel) don't put stickers on your cars!!!
monster
Roadster Newby

Post by monster »

love the exhaust!!! One of my first plans and saw your youtube vid before I saw your post on here. I am thinking of going behind the front tire if its not to loud. How is yours when your next to somebody?
Garm
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Garm »

Subscribed!
1969 Roadster 1600-ish #26244 "Spike"
---------------------------------
OS GIKEN LSD $1720
AASCO light flywheels $398.95
ACote
Roadsteraholic

Post by ACote »

monster wrote:love the exhaust!!! One of my first plans and saw your youtube vid before I saw your post on here. I am thinking of going behind the front tire if its not to loud. How is yours when your next to somebody?
It's pretty loud, I like the sound but since I mostly drive on base it's a little too much for me. Sounds like a beefy motorcycle and I love how it bounces off of walls and cars as I pass. Maybe a bigger tip at an angle would look better than the megaphone dangling there.
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Alex,
I might have a line on someone who can do a good paint job for not a horrible amount of $. Give me a call.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
ACote
Roadsteraholic

Post by ACote »

SLOroadster wrote:Alex,
I might have a line on someone who can do a good paint job for not a horrible amount of $. Give me a call.

Will
Thanks, will do, Will. :D
Car is acting up again so I am a little annoyed, sputters bad until 2000 rpm or higher then takes off. Still saving money for Ztherapy carbs and electronic ignition so I can remove those from the equation. Thought it might be the fuel pump because the filter was barely keeping fuel in it, but I heard that means a clean fuel filter. Going to remove the extra filter because it's a cheapthing to try. Maybe move it to before the pump so fuel is getting sucked through the filter instead of being pushed barely into it. tossing ideas around.

Edit: was also suggested to clamp the return line from the tanks to see if the valve is bad, and I still have to crank it for a good bit after it sits for a day+.
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

I think that if it were the fuel pump it would run better at less-fuel-demanding revs.
Bucky
Garm
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Garm »

Maybe move it to before the pump so fuel is getting sucked through the filter instead of being pushed barely into it. tossing ideas around.
stock is filter after the pump, so that is probably not the cause of a problem.
OS GIKEN LSD $1720
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Garm:
Actually stock is filter before the pump, at least on a 67.5
Tom
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Garm
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Garm »

my line comes into the engine bay to the pump, then up to the filter which is secured by a factory attached bracket/clip, then over to the carbs.
OS GIKEN LSD $1720